Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

Thanks all. We had a bad night here last night and Barbara took the ambulance rise to the ER at 2 am this morning. I've been up for 32 hours right now less a 45 minute nap in the back seat of my car outside the ER. Evidently the cancer has spread and is the cause of all her discomfort. Her oncologist and palliative-care doctor will discuss a plan of treatment but hope is slim for a recovery. She's in a good place with hospice services available, I'll see what she wants to do.

Rob

((((((((Rob&Barbara))))))))

Big time.

I wish I had something profound to say. I wish I could help. The best I can do is offer my support and sincere best wishes for both Rob and his wife Barbara. Everyone here in my household is thinking of you both.

Everyone, thanks again. My wife went back into the hospital on 5/22 and is still there. They may have something as a last-ditch effort to combat her cancer, but she's just in very weak shape right now and eating very little. So she may not be able to survive the treatment.

This past Saturday night, I was called to come to the hospital as her breathing had changed. I was asked if I wanted to have her intubated which goes with her being sedated and restrained. I said no, that's not what she wants. But she's been doing better since. If no treatment is available based on her condition, she may have to go to hospice and live out her last days in comfort and dignity, which is something that all of us want.

On a good note, there is a pretty good tattoo show at any given visit. My son has a new scorpion tattoo on his arm, her friend and daughter just got new tattoos yesterday and were there to show her.

Rob

Thanks again all. Barbara goes to hospice any day now, which may not be a 1-way ticket. I talked with her oncologist for a long time yesterday and she gave an open offer to see her if she gets some strength back. She can't be treated in her current condition.

Everyone (including here) has been very supportive and I've had to make some tough decisions, all of which have seem to be right so far. Yesterday I had to protest her release from the hospital so we can buy a couple of days to get her into hospice. Some people in the family are familiar with the facility and she will get far better care there, as opposed to at-home hospice.

Rob

Another day in paradise. Barbara is doing better in hospice than she's been doing in the past few weeks, awake most of the day, alert, talking and laughing. Still quite weak but starting to eat more solid food. She did look pretty bad on Friday after she was moved and one nurse told me she has a week to live at best, so she will be surprised to see how she looks now. Talk about a grim place though... they have quite a turnover there.

Rob

I've had a relative in hospice recently too, and it is grim, despite everyone's best intentions. I hope she's being well cared-for. Best wishes to both of you.

This place came well-recommended and they could not be any nicer to us. Its a little scary since we lose the safety net of a hospital for things like patient handling, but I haven't seen anyone else there up and around. My wife has sat up in a chair a few times though. Still a lot better than trying this at home for her sake and everyone else.

Rob

Does not compare to the aforementioned shitty things.... but my recent hell has been trying to get this stubborn puppy to go poop in the rain/thunderstorm. We are now approaching 3 hours post dinner and the most she has done is pee really quickly outside. Right now I'm suffering through her SBD farts while she sleeps on my lap... Damn dog.