Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

I'm sure you know but megabus and amtrak go VT to NYC and it's not too expensive ESP megabus. Unless your really in bad shape $ wise it may be good to take your mind off the bullshit. @HaydenRose

Yeah the travel is not an issue, since my family is in VT I've done the trip from the NYC area and back many times, its more lodging... taking time off of work... etc. and also not having an SO to split living costs is going to make it tough $ wise down the road, so trying to save and get my bearings first. I'll definitely be getting tattooed in the NY area since VT is slim pickings...

Divorced. Moving in with my mom in VT. Had to cancel all of my tattoo appointments in NYC. Probably won't be getting tattooed until I can afford to travel. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

I probably will be preoccupied with life stuff and melancholy over not being able to get tattooed... so I will be fairly absent from here for some time. Thanks everyone for being so cool and getting rad tattoos. I shall return...

Sorry to hear, may you be back on your feet and back to getting tattooed soon!

Divorced. Moving in with my mom in VT. Had to cancel all of my tattoo appointments in NYC. Probably won't be getting tattooed until I can afford to travel. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

I probably will be preoccupied with life stuff and melancholy over not being able to get tattooed... so I will be fairly absent from here for some time. Thanks everyone for being so cool and getting rad tattoos. I shall return...

Really sorry to hear it -- I sympathize. It will suck for a while, but then it will get better. Hang in there!

I am so sorry to hear this, life really blows sometimes. Hang in there, we all got your back anyway. My oldest son and his girlfriend just moved in with me yesterday, which is good I can use the company. I surely hope you and your mom get along well, may be a good thing for the both of you. You'll find something good it it, you just don't see it right now.

breaking up with my (ex) girlfriend and dealing with all the who gets what bullshit. Also we were traveling around and living for free in a community in the swedish countryside. I wanna stay in sweden so now im living on peoples couches in gothenburg.

Atleast i got some good plans for the summer to make everything better again.

Let me know if you need to sleep in Stockholm for a night or two. Take care man!

As I walked up to the gas station today, I noticed my reflection in the door. I realized I may be a little hipster, due to the way I dress. And on several occasions, I've found myself thinking "I wish hipsters didnt ______. I did this/that before hipsters ruined it."

That and I look at my reflection in doors as I walk up....

Pretty much realized i might be a douche today. Fuck.

I was mostly kidding, just thought it was kind of funny when it occured to me. I dont like or dislike people based on their stereotypes anyway, cool hipsters are cool, lame punks suck, vise versa. I'm pretty comfortable with my own (lack of) style.

The strange habit of noticing my reflection does actually seem a bit vain and douchey however, not sure why I do that as I'm actually not very vain

Starting working 6 full days a week this week (Mon to Sat) with a couple of late nights thrown in, and will continue until mid September. Really hoping it doesn't extend into October like last year. I loathe this time of year in my industry.

Realized about a week or two ago that my wardrobe has been steadily shifting towards having tighter and tighter pants....

Not quite "legging" caliber skinny pants, but def much skinnier than what I have traditionally worn. Maybe it's not such a shitty thing though lol.

I had a little stumble for a couple of days and slipped into an old, bad habit. It was just a little stumble....a very tiny one. But it was a reminder that no matter how solid you think you become, little cracks can appear from no where.

Oh, and I maxed out my phone credit with 10 days still remaining. That's fucked.

Edited by Mick Weder
error

I had a little stumble for a couple of days and slipped into an old, bad habit. It was just a little stumble....a very tiny one. But it was a reminder that no matter how solid you think you become, little cracks can appear from no where.

Yeah... I've been feeling like this is going to happen to me soon. It's a weird feeling. Like, it hasn't happened yet- so don't let it happen!

I read this article today and was reminded of some of the things discussed on this thread, as well as a friend's father who studies addiction and has proposed an alternative to the disease model. Worth a read, I think. I do have a close friend who's been helped tremendously by AA and passed his 4-year mark recently, so I have no agenda here. I just hope that we ultimately create a society where there are many options available to anyone seeking help.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Sounds like an interesting approach.

We grew up being scared about falling peril to the evils of narcotics. I mean, to the point as I've mentioned, literally being petrified about growing up and becoming that very person I was told that was so bad. Experimenting in activities that brought nothing but death and despair and that how "bad" it was and how bad it would make you feel.

So, from that initial experimentation...treading very carefully, and then you discover how good it made you feel, contradicted everything that was installed by fear. No one ever told you that this shit actually makes you feel good. How can something that makes you feel good really be all that bad?

Pffft! Maybe we just approached the whole education behind it from the wrong angle. I don't know, and I probably never will. And maybe I look too deep for an answer why it all went wrong. Never the less, as long as I can try educate my children with an open book as opposed to a closed one we can make a positive difference.

Anyway, interesting article. Appreciate the share.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Sounds like an interesting approach.

We grew up being scared about falling peril to the evils of narcotics. I mean, to the point as I've mentioned, literally being petrified about growing up and becoming that very person I was told that was so bad. Experimenting in activities that brought nothing but death and despair and that how "bad" it was and how bad it would make you feel.

So, from that initial experimentation...treading very carefully, and then you discover how good it made you feel, contradicted everything that was installed by fear. No one ever told you that this shit actually makes you feel good. How can something that makes you feel good really be all that bad?

Pffft! Maybe we just approached the whole education behind it from the wrong angle. I don't know, and I probably never will. And maybe I look too deep for an answer why it all went wrong. Never the less, as long as I can try educate my children with an open book as opposed to a closed one we can make a positive difference.

Anyway, interesting article. Appreciate the share.

Every man (or woman) has got something to stay away from, or die from it. In spite of all the bad shit going on with me, I'm not drinking much, staying away from the white powders as well. Been a while since I visited the needle and the spoon (1987) and I have no desire ever to go back to it. It took me maybe 10 years to shake that compulsion. Good thing I have no idea where to find such drugs and anyone I know that is into them is now dead.

I was always attracted to taboo things. I dated black women because I wasn't supposed to, started drinking at age 15, drugs followed soon after. Somehow I knew I'd eventually find my way to cocaine and heroin, it was like I was on a path set by fate. And you're right, heroin is like June Cleaver (blonde milf from TV show Leave it to Beaver) just performed an oral act on me, gave me a back massage and wrapped me up in a nice warm blanket.

If anything good came out of it, I related some of my story to my kids and so far they've turned out well and haven't gotten into 1/4 of the shit I did at that age. Hang in there!

Rob

One of my brothers come off his bike this afternoon. Ambos got him in to Trauma pretty quick. Nurse 1st on the scene, I got the call. Made it to the hospital just after the Ambos did. He's alright lucky enough. Broken fingers, smashed teeth and face. No head injury.

Lucky, he was ripping into a set of lights just turned red when a pedestrian stepped out on to the road at the same time. Locked up and over. Ha! And I was only just saying to our mum just before, ya don't fall off bikes. Ya either loose control or get T boned. Think he better upgrade to some ABS I think :)

One of my brothers come off his bike this afternoon. Ambos got him in to Trauma pretty quick. Nurse 1st on the scene, I got the call. Made it to the hospital just after the Ambos did. He's alright lucky enough. Broken fingers, smashed teeth and face. No head injury.

Lucky, he was ripping into a set of lights just turned red when a pedestrian stepped out on to the road at the same time. Locked up and over. Ha! And I was only just saying to our mum just before, ya don't fall off bikes. Ya either loose control or get T boned. Think he better upgrade to some ABS I think :)

Glad to hear he will make it through allright!

Hope he heals quick. Glad no head injury but I'm guessing he didn't have a full face lid on. I force myself to wear a flip and ATGATT now. Even in hottest summer. I figure there is nothing hotter than sliding on asphalt (protects the art as well). Broken fingers? Hope it doesn't mess up work. You may be helping his feeding for a while. (I had to help in that with a cheerleader in HS - Oh, the sacrifices made for my schoolmates!)

I'd love ABS. That damn GoldWing takes some distance to whoa down. Trouble is, Honda wants you to buy their brain-dead GPS and a lot of other stuff to get it so, I try to ride very far in front of the bike.