Zillah

Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Recommended Posts

On 4/3/2016 at 9:07 AM, Mark Bee said:

Lost my dad a few weeks ago. Now my 82 year old mom is heading for major open-heart surgery in 3 weeks.

Gonna be another rough few months ahead for me and my family.

Sending positive juju your way!  Hope you're doing alright!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my mom for an oncologist follow-up this morning - confirmed lung cancer. Her health already puts her in a risky category for even a biopsy and chemo/radiation would probably cause more damage than it would cure. She opted for no treatment - anywhere from 6 months to 3 years prognosis. Lost my Dad back in '97. I knew this was coming but still......

Edited by Devious6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

Took my mom for an oncologist follow-up this morning - confirmed lung cancer. Her health already puts her in a risky category for even a biopsy and chemo/radiation would probably cause more damage than it would cure. She opted for no treatment - anywhere from 6 months to 3 years prognosis. Lost my Dad back in '97. I knew this was coming but still......

:( sorry for that,I know what that  is about,I have way too much experience there,I lost my mom,dad,& grandfather to cancer years ago.

 

fucked up part is I am going in for my 50+ colonoscopy in 3 weeks,problem is,my dad died from colon cancer :( it is weighing heavy on my head right now,I kind of don't want to know the results.

 

I am pretty scared,I was supposed to have it done when I turned 50,but from fear I have procrastinated til now,I'm 56 now and my doctor says I need to get ti done.

 

I really don't want to confirm the inevitable,"catch it early" ? really ? why ? so they can extend the agony for another year ? no treatments seem to work,I kind of don't want to go to get the screening,

 

sorry to be such a bummer,I know that's a too much information kinda thing,but I am scared and it's fucked up to constantly think about.

 

but ! on the bright side,with all my tattoos at least I'm going out looking great ! LOL

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan said:

:( sorry for that,I know what that  is about,I have way too much experience there,I lost my mom,dad,& grandfather to cancer years ago.

 

fucked up part is I am going in for my 50+ colonoscopy in 3 weeks,problem is,my dad died from colon cancer :( it is weighing heavy on my head right now,I kind of don't want to know the results.

 

I am pretty scared,I was supposed to have it done when I turned 50,but from fear I have procrastinated til now,I'm 56 now and my doctor says I need to get ti done.

 

I really don't want to confirm the inevitable,"catch it early" ? really ? why ? so they can extend the agony for another year ? no treatments seem to work,I kind of don't want to go to get the screening,

 

sorry to be such a bummer,I know that's a too much information kinda thing,but I am scared and it's fucked up to constantly think about.

 

but ! on the bright side,with all my tattoos at least I'm going out looking great ! LOL

 

@Dan Get it done, man! I waited until I was 57 for many of the same reasons and had a grandmother who died from colon cancer. My wife and I finally decided to have them done. She was clear and I had a pre-cancerous polyp which was removed during the procedure. I just had my 3 year follow up colonoscopy last fall and was clear. 

The procedure itself is so easy I was amazed. Even the prep isn't as bad as people say it is. In fact, the prep was the worst part and that wasn't bad at all.

odds are you are fine and having that piece of mind will be priceless. And, even if something is found, treatment today is much better the even a few years ago with good outcomes.

You do have amazing tattoos! But I'd prefer to have you around to guide us through our own journeys. You need to have that piece of mind to truly enjoy those trips to Hawaii....and I want to see those beach pics for years to come. 

Now, listen to the Colonel and get your ass in there, literally, and get the procedure done. Anyone who says they aren't scared in your situation is lying. I know I was. But, believe me, not knowing really is worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2016 at 3:51 PM, Devious6 said:

Took my mom for an oncologist follow-up this morning - confirmed lung cancer. Her health already puts her in a risky category for even a biopsy and chemo/radiation would probably cause more damage than it would cure. She opted for no treatment - anywhere from 6 months to 3 years prognosis. Lost my Dad back in '97. I knew this was coming but still......

I am so sorry, Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well,I got some fucked up news,I had a shitty morning for sure,I got a call letting me know that the job I have had  with the same company for 21 years is laying me off effective today :(

due to slow business,

I kind of knew it was coming,but it's real now.

I really didn't think it would be me,since I have been there the longest of all the guys and in 21 years I never missed one day of work,was never late.

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devious6 said:

@Dan  Sorry to hear that, Dan! Have any plans for now? Hopefully, they are giving you a good severance package.

well,looking on the bright side ! I don't have to go to the colonoscopy since I don't have health ins anymore !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark, thanks for sharing. Losing parents and aging parents are so hard. Thinking positive thoughts for you and your mom. I'm dealing with similar issues on my side. It's all consuming... This is the first time that I haven't been able to solve for a problem. It's out of my control at this point. Sending you hugs. @Mark Bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Devious6 said:

Ugh. Have you talked with a labor attorney? You are in a protected class and a decent attorney should get you some amount of severance. The going amount is 1 week for every year of employment - sometimes more. And, you can COBRA your healthcare.

actually I did gert a pretty decent severance,

 

pm sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well,looking on the bright side ! I don't have to go to the colonoscopy since I don't have health ins anymore !

If you pay into health insurance at all, you should be covered through the end of the month. Use it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrecked my GoldWing this evening. Really lucky to just have bruises and a cracked wrist. Heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville, looked to right lane to make sure it was clear to move over as my exit was coming up. Someone cut off the SUV in front of me meanwhile, and when I looked back he was getting large FAST. Grabbed too much brake and went down, rolled, Didn't know about injuries, so I laid there (guy behind was alert and giving me space). Took the ride of shame to the ER and outcome is just a lot of bruises and a cracked wrist. Don't know about the 'Wing - hauled by wrecker and I'll check on it tomorrow. Probably totalled. Doesn't take much on these to total them. And I only had 105k miles on the Black Pearl! I'm really not hurt badly because of divine intervention and wearing all the gear all the time. Helmet worked (ruined), gloves, boots, brand new first-time worn armored pants - all but the boots ruined saving me inside.

So, shitty because of a little pain and expense and probably loosing the 'Pearl, but awesome for limited injury and the love shown by family and our minister, who drove Judy to the ER to see me and brought us home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pidjones said:

Wrecked my GoldWing this evening. Really lucky to just have bruises and a cracked wrist. Heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville, looked to right lane to make sure it was clear to move over as my exit was coming up. Someone cut off the SUV in front of me meanwhile, and when I looked back he was getting large FAST. Grabbed too much brake and went down, rolled, Didn't know about injuries, so I laid there (guy behind was alert and giving me space). Took the ride of shame to the ER and outcome is just a lot of bruises and a cracked wrist. Don't know about the 'Wing - hauled by wrecker and I'll check on it tomorrow. Probably totalled. Doesn't take much on these to total them. And I only had 105k miles on the Black Pearl! I'm really not hurt badly because of divine intervention and wearing all the gear all the time. Helmet worked (ruined), gloves, boots, brand new first-time worn armored pants - all but the boots ruined saving me inside.

So, shitty because of a little pain and expense and probably loosing the 'Pearl, but awesome for limited injury and the love shown by family and our minister, who drove Judy to the ER to see me and brought us home.

Glad you are ok, that all sounds terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pidjones said:

Wrecked my GoldWing this evening. Really lucky to just have bruises and a cracked wrist. Heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville, looked to right lane to make sure it was clear to move over as my exit was coming up. Someone cut off the SUV in front of me meanwhile, and when I looked back he was getting large FAST. Grabbed too much brake and went down, rolled, Didn't know about injuries, so I laid there (guy behind was alert and giving me space). Took the ride of shame to the ER and outcome is just a lot of bruises and a cracked wrist. Don't know about the 'Wing - hauled by wrecker and I'll check on it tomorrow. Probably totalled. Doesn't take much on these to total them. And I only had 105k miles on the Black Pearl! I'm really not hurt badly because of divine intervention and wearing all the gear all the time. Helmet worked (ruined), gloves, boots, brand new first-time worn armored pants - all but the boots ruined saving me inside.

So, shitty because of a little pain and expense and probably loosing the 'Pearl, but awesome for limited injury and the love shown by family and our minister, who drove Judy to the ER to see me and brought us home.

yep ! glad no other major injuries,crazy stuff !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, folks. This morning I'm learning of all of the other places that bang when you tumble @45 mph. Even have rug burns in places where I was protected from real injury by the armor. Brand new armored pants, first and last day to wear, but they did their job. Jacket was almost a decade old as well as the helmet, and they both worked well. Knuckles sore and light scratches from hitting the inside of the hard protectors. Boots scuffed and left ankle protector bruised me but did its job. Most pain and discomfort is under left scapula, where I probably damaged some soft tissue because I think that shoulder hit pavement first. ER doctor was interested in my lasered tattoo and just had to take a peak. It is fine, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pidjones said:

Wrecked my GoldWing this evening. Really lucky to just have bruises and a cracked wrist. Heavy I-40 traffic downtown Knoxville, looked to right lane to make sure it was clear to move over as my exit was coming up. Someone cut off the SUV in front of me meanwhile, and when I looked back he was getting large FAST. Grabbed too much brake and went down, rolled, Didn't know about injuries, so I laid there (guy behind was alert and giving me space). Took the ride of shame to the ER and outcome is just a lot of bruises and a cracked wrist. Don't know about the 'Wing - hauled by wrecker and I'll check on it tomorrow. Probably totalled. Doesn't take much on these to total them. And I only had 105k miles on the Black Pearl! I'm really not hurt badly because of divine intervention and wearing all the gear all the time. Helmet worked (ruined), gloves, boots, brand new first-time worn armored pants - all but the boots ruined saving me inside.

So, shitty because of a little pain and expense and probably loosing the 'Pearl, but awesome for limited injury and the love shown by family and our minister, who drove Judy to the ER to see me and brought us home.

Oh, man! I am so glad to hear that you're OK. That gear does work - imagine what those aches and rug burns would be like if it was skin on asphalt. Rest, manage the pain and worry about the bike later. It sucks to lose one that you love...but good to know it absorbed energy and damage for you to be able to walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.