Post shitty things you have been doing recently

Zillah

3 hours ago, Dan said:

yep ! it was a thorough spring cleaning ! LOL

See - not so scary. Now make sure you don't hesitate or procrastinate on returning when they told you to. My Mom died at 67 from that and I've been having them regular since I was 45.  

• 3 weeks later...

Last Saturday night about 9... crash! Boom!  No storms, not a breath of wind, the roots just gave out due to the excess of rain.  We knew it was leaning and had been trying to get the tree service out, but not in time.  We are very, very lucky it only clipped the corner of the porch roof.  Wife and I were sitting in living room no more than 25 feet from were it landed.  It's a red oak tree about 3 feet diameter at the base and about 70 feet tall.  At least I'll firewood for a year of 2.

IMG_20190527_100030669.thumb.jpg.0024b64db6bda1cd0c927a0dac8387b5.jpgIMG_20190527_095924219.thumb.jpg.bc26b4c2e2eb6529a3d73f963e1ea09f.jpgIMG_20190527_095828870.thumb.jpg.3aac3fb543df78bd0e4dfb73690c4ce7.jpgIMG_20190527_095527685_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.7e4f0e6ff07fc56aba64788bc96d614d.jpg

Edited by JAC1961

35 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

Last Saturday night about 9... crash! Boom!  No storms, not a breath of wind, the roots just gave out due to the excess of rain.  We knew it was leaning and had been trying to get the tree service out, but not in time.  We are very, very lucky it only clipped the corner of the porch roof.  Wife and I were sitting in living room no more than 25 feet from were it landed.  It's a red oak tree about 3 feet diameter at the base and about 70 feet tall.  At least I'll firewood for a year of 2.

wow ! you are lucky, glad nobody was hurt.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

wow ! you are lucky, glad nobody was hurt.

You're not kidding. Our son-in-law and granddaughter had just left about 15 minutes earlier.  Houses can always be repaired.  We know how lucky we are.  The dog won't sleep on her bed that's right under the window, right next to were it fell though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, all the metal (titanium) is now sitting on my desk and was removed a while ago. The scare tends to be very sensitive form time to time (depending on weather and temperature).

And I was lucky after the accident, so I gut to surgery fast enough and hat a really skilled surgeon.