Greetings from the Rocky Mountains

Cannibal

Hello all!

It's been a few years since my last tattoo. I miss the process, but finally found a good reason to get some new ink! Surprised my former girlfriend last week on a trip to Cozumel by changing her status from girlfriend to that four-letter word (wife). She suggested getting something to remember the event and I happily and quickly agreed. Looked at a few of the studios on Coz, but didn't find an artist that really impressed me, so now I'm trying to find one here in Colorado. While making a list of studios here in the Denver area to check-out, I found this site. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask you fine folks for suggestions.

Ideally, I'd like to find someone with some skills doing stone-on-skin work. Our basic idea is to have the glyphs on the document provided to us by the Mayan Shaman (Xaman), put on our skin. But, that seems boring in and of itself, so we'd like to incorporate some other items into the tattoos. For me, the addition of some type of marine critter since all of my other work is strictly marine themed. Thinking of sort of an underwater ruin look. For her, she'd like to incorporate some vines so she can expand the tattoo with other important events. Kind of a timeline on skin thing. I got a couple of bad tattoos early on and learned my lesson about finding the right artist for the job, so any guidance would be gratefully accepted.

Otherwise, I'm just a dude in Colorado that dreams of the oceans and wanders through the mountains. Probably the weirdest thing about me is that I don't own a bed. We both sleep in hammocks full-time. Discovered them while planning a Thru-hike of the AT and never looked back and my back has been thankful ever since! Anybody have any hammock questions, I'm your guy. Oh yeah, I own two miniature donkeys...and live "in town". I suppose that's a bit odd. The neighbors don't need alarm clocks. :D

From your description of tattoo ideas I would say that Thidemann @Mammoth or Brian @Bolder would both be good choices to consider.

Mammoth was already on my list, so I'll definitely be paying a visit. I'll put Boulder Ink on the list too.

Thanks for pointing me. I do appreciate it!