Skateboarding tattoos

Probably not a lot to find out there besides logo tats, but let's still try to keep it interesting and original-ish instead of a exact duplication of the Santa Cruz hand or something. @Graeme inspired thread after reading of his recent skateboard purchase.

Of course there is the Grime one, definitely one of my faves

image_zpsea478e95.jpg

Not a shameless plug, just an awesome tat to share by Pee Wee

1794725_10152253140593980_1268076844_n1_zps7c66a3bc.jpg

The above having been said, I still feel compelled to include this Jim Phillips one from Dave Regan

1540312_10152774425029848_215194274_o1_zpsc9bf3577.jpg

That's all I have at this moment, it's been a busy morning. I'll post more as I recall seeing or finding good ones.

Birdhouse Brian Sumner Graphic -- Rabbit Skull

It's on my left forearm......I forgot what year the deck came out!

Tattoo is about 9 years old....

Art was done by Sean Cliver

Taz had a chance to buy the original art from him and Taz has been kicking himself for not doing it ever since....LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Art by Wes Humpston (Dogtown fame)

Production deck is the one I skated by Bulldog Art on the right (I was just a cruiser....not a ripper)

Hand Painted deck (on left) was done by Wes and given to me as a Wedding anniversary gift from Taz!

The tattoo is in the center of my back and was done by Brian Bruno at Read Street Tattoo!

Are you shocked a girl who grew up in Lansdowne would have skate tattoos @irezumi?

Are you shocked a girl who grew up in Lansdowne would have skate tattoos @irezumi?

Nah I knew you'd have some good input here.

Bunny just gave credit to one of my favorite spots on the east coast.

Lansdowne was one of the last of the outlaw skate parks. An old park made 40 years ago even before the heyday of the 70s explosion, it had all of the lines of a huge wave style park with big snake runs, massive hips and banks. Self-governed and self-policed that spot was a forgotten hidden gem in the back of an old classic blue collar neighborhood, ruled only by locals, rippers and burnouts. In other words, I felt right at home. Pads and helmets were shunned and the type of concrete was burlier than 8 grit sandpaper. The bails there were unforgiving and bloody and best healed by pouring beer on the open wound. Each day would end on the top side of the park watching the sunset with every skater sharing beers and smoking joints. That place was so rad.

Imo, the worst thing that happened to that place was rehabbing it and reminding people that it's there.

Nah I knew you'd have some good input here.

Bunny just gave credit to one of my favorite spots on the east coast.

Lansdowne was one of the last of the outlaw skate parks. An old park made even before the heyday of the 70s explosion, it had all of the lines of a huge wave style park with big snake runs, massive hips and banks. Self-governed and self-policed that spot was a forgotten hidden gem in the back of an old classic blue collar neighborhood, ruled only by locals, rippers and burnouts. In other words, I felt right at home. Pads and helmets were shunned and the type of concrete was burlier than 8 grit sandpaper. The bails there were unforgiving and bloody and best healed by pouring beer on the open wound. Each day would end on the top side of the park watching the sunset with every skater sharing beers and smoking joints. That place was so rad.

Imo, the worst thing that happened to that place was rehabbing it and reminding people that it's there.

Locals Only.....he he he

One of the best descriptions I have heard of it in a long time!

Yup....they destroyed it!

These are posted just for you @irezumi! ;)