Can red ink be used to cover up green ink?

BrookR70

There's a very small area on my tattoo that should be red instead of green. It's not a big deal, but it's more for technical accuracy. Before I ask my artist if it can be done, I'd like to run it by the folks on this forum. It's my buoy tattoo in my profile and the area is the top of the buoy. It should be red like the base of the buoy instead of green.

Thanks.

It's my buoy tattoo in my profile and the area is the top of the buoy. It should be red like the base of the buoy instead of green.

Thanks.

Yeah, that stinks. The marker as it's tattooed isn't a valid color combination. You're gonna get a confused captain seeing that in the channel! If recoloring the top would just make brown, then one option to get it a little closer to a valid configuration is to cover just the top light with green or whatever to make it dark and make it larger with green around the outside so there is some green surrounding the center light, to make it look like the entire light at the top is green. Unfortunately, that's still not a valid color combo because the base is red, but unless you've got someone who understands navigation markers, I wouldn't worry about it. Just say it's based on the Somalian navigation system or something ... but wait, I doubt the pirates are worried about complying with red-right-return!

@smiling.politely Thanks...I was afraid of that. I'm glad I asked here before asking the artist.

Actually....you should really ask your artist first.....because they would or should be able to tell you the answer....or be able to offer a fix that you might be able to live with better!

the artist who did your tattoo should always be your first go to.....unless it was a negative experience maybe.....

It's starting to peel and the green area is less saturated than I thought it would be. Adding red may give it a rusty look. My artist is always interested in seeing tattoos after they've healed, so when I stop by I may bring it up then. It won't hurt to ask.