tattoo tux

I really don't post up online too much of the things I have.....but I thought I would share this with everyone since it really is pretty cool!

Tux and Dennis did have some business with each other......not 100% sure what happened but that is another story...LOL

Since there seems to be a Maryland tattoo history undertone to this thread I will share my door......

@Bunny Switchblade @irezumi

Being that I travel to Read Street every 3rd Monday or so, I'd love to meet you guys. Irezumi, I'd be very interested to know when/where you'll be guest spotting. Might not be able to finagle a tattoo, but I'd enjoy shaking your hand. Bunny, I know you've said it before, but where do you work? My next appointment with Dana is May 13th at 5. Is your shop close to Read Street? I could take a side trip and stop by and introduce myself. And yes Dana is working the convention, he said he was fully booked up except for 1 slot as of Monday.

I am no where near as deep in the world as you guys are, so I can hardly appreciate what's going down here. I don't mean to derail the thread.

@Bunny Switchblade @irezumi

Being that I travel to Read Street every 3rd Monday or so, I'd love to meet you guys. Irezumi, I'd be very interested to know when/where you'll be guest spotting. Might not be able to finagle a tattoo, but I'd enjoy shaking your hand. Bunny, I know you've said it before, but where do you work? My next appointment with Dana is May 13th at 5. Is your shop close to Read Street? I could take a side trip and stop by and introduce myself. And yes Dana is working the convention, he said he was fully booked up except for 1 slot as of Monday.

I am no where near as deep in the world as you guys are, so I can hardly appreciate what's going down here. I don't mean to derail the thread.

I work at Gemini Tattoo in Odenton, MD (right across from Ft Meade Army base) but I am still in the apprentice stage! I am there a few evenings a week and all day on Saturday!

My mentor wanted me to keep my daytime job in DC....so I essentially work two full time jobs between my daytime job and the tattoo shop plus the "homework" and the painting and drawing I need to have done each week! I've had this crazy schedule for 17 months no....LOL

It's very possible that my Hubby and I could hop the subway one Monday when you are being tattooed and make the short walk over to Read Street!

How long are your sessions usually with Dana?

Is anyone interested in the lineage and family tree of tattooers as much as I am? Maybe I think about it because I like seeing the connection to myself. The person who is teaching me was taught by someone else, and that in turn bonds us on some metaphysical level. I think it could yield some fascinating discussion.

Is anyone interested in the lineage and family tree of tattooers as much as I am? Maybe I think about it because I like seeing the connection to myself. The person who is teaching me was taught by someone else, and that in turn bonds us on some metaphysical level. I think it could yield some fascinating discussion.

Yes, I co-sign 100%. This same line of thinking and appreciation of tat family lineage is how I got meet Thom, Higgs and Bubash, and was lucky enough to get tattoos from Thom and Dan. I'm hoping to get the time & money to get something from Nick as well this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Not precisely 'lineage' but more like crew/family pictures from a 20 year old magazine. Close enough to be post-worthy. I'm sure some of you have seen it but I'm fairly positive plenty of you haven't.

Horiwaka family, no names were listed or mentioned.

dd6a753e-192b-442b-8d0f-7d2453aad785_zpsa65506eb.jpg

73b5aaa7-108d-49b1-8a89-82103d857a73_zpsf8c7619d.jpg

b708972d-fc78-409b-8e00-51c31822cf6e_zps017fc287.jpg

77f7697f-e09f-4806-84e6-99554170d8aa_zps47482a6b.jpg

e52ef887-b236-4289-a1c9-2904d470c59a_zpsc15937fc.jpg

20e77d0d-f4d9-4cdb-b7fb-08016626b172_zps298f0d3b.jpg

TC picture and GTC pictures are definitely my favorites, especially with Harrison throwing what looks like mystical esoteric gang signs.

Kind of wandering off from the thread title so here's this, from a different 20 year old mag.. I posted it somewhere else a few months ago, so if you've seen it already then yeah whatever.

Ed, Nick, Thom & Tux

008_zps97b568c8.jpg

I don't think people realize the quality of tattoo artists that exist in just the Baltimore metro area alone! People like Eric Gregory.....Matt Rinks......Brady Duncan......Hunter Spanks....Dana Helmuth....Tom Beasley.....and the list goes on! I always tell people looking for great tattoos that they could stay within a 60 mile radius of Baltimore and get some of the best quality tattoos around!

A lot of these guys aren't worried about being famous.....they just love to tattoo and care about doing great work!

And the same goes for a lot of cities like Philly and Richmond as well as many others!

I don't think people around here realize how blessed they really are to have some of these guys close by!

@irezumi those are so good! A big regret is throwing out heaps of old tattoo magazines I'd bought up when I was like 16-18.. And totally looks like Rudy's doing some kind of hermetic something-or-other haahaa

I'm a magazine hoarder. I have kept practically every interesting mag ever since I was 14. The amount and weight of books is absurd. Even after donating boxes and boxes of books to the public library I still fill over 2 huge bookcases.

My friends hate helping me move.