Upcoming art shows

irezumi

The Rubin Museum is incredible, I'm going to have to see if I can make it down before the exhibition ends.

Yeah me too. I'm doing a guest spot in Bmore this summer so that should give me a chance to go up to NY and see that.

- - - Updated - - -

10372334_10152376229127311_6174936426465792726_n.png

ASKULLS1.jpg

1064982.jpg

Skulls | California Academy of Sciences

May 16th to November 30th.

Every skull tells a story, revealing how vertebrate animals live, die, and ultimately, evolve. In this awe-inspiring new exhibit, walk along a wallscape of sea lion skulls, watch a live colony of dermestid beetles demonstrate their “bone cleaner” skills, and learn how scientists use the Academy’s vast collection of skulls to uncover clues about life on Earth.

If any of you in SF decide not to see this I'm gonna slap you when we meet in real life. I'm gonna be making a visit later this year specifically to see this and bring a sketchbook.

Tomorrow the admission is free.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

If anybody is going to be in Montreal between now and the 20th of December, Galerie Yves Laroche has a new show opening tonight that looks like it should be really good. It's all pop surrealism and there is a slight tattoo connection as there will be art by Phil Holt being shown as well as work by Jean Labourdette who is only starting to tattoo, but if you've been to Tattoomania you've certainly seen his paintings: that great tattooed fat man hanging in the waiting area is one of his.

Here's a write up about the show from Juxtapoz:

Juxtapoz Magazine - Influences: Égrégore @ Yves Laroche, Montreal

• 4 weeks later...