Redness spreading

Zillah

My calf tattoo drove me insane with the itching. It's been about 6 weeks now and it's still a bit shiny and the black looks flaky (i go to this artist all the time, and he really packs in the color). It's finally starting to look awesome.

Well, until I went to my laser hair removal appt on Saturday and the girl went over the edge of my tattoo and now I have a big blister on it. :/

• 3 months later...

It was long time back, I had gone for tattoo removal from Fairview cosmetic surgery Clinic. I felt some discomfort in the earlier stage. There was a bandage (which was removed after three days) covering the removal area And for the pain they suggested me to had Tylenol. It was Dr.Padma Jain who recommended this. I was very careful about the infections that could catch the wounds. A slight redness was there for first two days. But everything was fine after a couple of days.

• 6 months later...

I'm experiencing something similar I had some grey wash/ shading done to my sleeve and it instantly turned red ofcourse but now 8 days later it has a slight red tinge to it, there is no pain and it's only in the spots where the ink went inz it's not spreading. The artist used very little grey wash in some spots he went over.. Is this just seeing the spots he went over with little grey wash?

• 4 years later...

I'm having this issue but on my upper leg to the upper thigh area. All the redness has spread a good 3 inches and it's been about 53 hours since the tattoo was done, so a little over two days now. The redness just seems to be getting worse all of a sudden now, but it is a very large piece.

The actual swelling is going down but this redness suddenly struck and just grew outwards like wildfire over the last 2 hours or so, it's reaching towards the back of the inside of my leg. It isn't on both sides of the tattoo, only the inner side of this tattoo. The rest of the tattoo just shows signs of initial redness around the linework. (This is a colour tattoo, not just black with shading alone).

I don't know if I should be worried or not, it's been a while since I got any tattoo and this was a cover up job that's still a WIP.

I don't even know if anyone will read thus but it's really worrying. The work was only a near straight 6.5 hour session.

12 hours ago, JennaBlack said:

I'm having this issue but on my upper leg to the upper thigh area. All the redness has spread a good 3 inches and it's been about 53 hours since the tattoo was done, so a little over two days now. The redness just seems to be getting worse all of a sudden now, but it is a very large piece.

The actual swelling is going down but this redness suddenly struck and just grew outwards like wildfire over the last 2 hours or so, it's reaching towards the back of the inside of my leg. It isn't on both sides of the tattoo, only the inner side of this tattoo. The rest of the tattoo just shows signs of initial redness around the linework. (This is a colour tattoo, not just black with shading alone).

I don't know if I should be worried or not, it's been a while since I got any tattoo and this was a cover up job that's still a WIP.

I don't even know if anyone will read thus but it's really worrying. The work was only a near straight 6.5 hour session.

DOCTOR. ANTIBIOTICS. 

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

DOCTOR. ANTIBIOTICS. 

Crap. Really? It's bruised today as it's gone quite yellow but the redness has paled in comparison to how bad it was last night, although it is still slightly warm even when the rest of my leg is cold. Once I get into anything loose but warm, then it reacts to that with getting very red and warmth radiates from the area within the tattoo again. But it wasn't as bad waking up today, thankfully. I did a little test and covered it with wrap before bed last night (as I do) and just gently prodded an edge to see how it reacted (I'm a slightly big girl so both legs can 'move it move it' and do the ripple afterwards) before walking and there is still irritation to the skin as it went very darn red temporarily as it was already tender to the touch. The areas most affected are where my skin moves a lot in all fairness, but I got quite worried with the rapid onset of symptoms and with it going into day 3 of the healing process.

If it gets worse by Monday then I'll need to assume it's infected somehow and take a delightful trip to the hospital!

1 hour ago, SStu said:

pictures?

Unfortunately I can't get the slight redness that still persists to appear on flash, or that well in general on camera. So I also outlined the area affected. The tattoo is otherwise just yellow from bruising presumably. I have never bruised before after getting a tattoo though but maybe it's just from getting older that my body is healing differently now. Some redness still persists directly around linework but nothing like the area I commented about.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about since it has calmed considerably since yesterday? I cropped my images somewhat for sake of decency.

20190302_183957.jpg

20190302_182639.jpg

20190302_182823.jpg

20190302_183923.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

My redness and swelling had spread pretty far by day 3. (Tattoo is only 2/3 inches but swelling more like 3 extra inches off the side) 

Now on day 5 and it's pretty much gone. I was worried for a while though, iced it lots and kept it elevated (wrist)