Best Japanese style artist in Texas? Recommendations needed!

BigTex

Hi all! I am planning to reward myself for finishing school next year by getting a lovely Japanese half sleeve. That said, I want to get it done by the best in the area. I am in Houston, but willing to drive anywhere in the state (Well except maybe El Paso...that is like fifteen hours...). So, who are some of the best artists in Texas for Japanese work?

Thanks!

i'm just gonna put this here since trevino's name just came up and i don't see much talk of him on here.

when i was getting tattooed the other week we started talking about chris, one thing was, chris does stuff 10-15 yrs before anyone else does it and nobody knows because he is not on social media or the internet much.

one thing that reminded me of all that, i came across a pic of partial body suit (not past a short sleeve, only down to the thighs, room around the neck so it doesn't show there)

but anyway, the suit was yogi/monk/buddhist themed and it pretty much blew my mind...then i saw the date of the photo 1997.

and i'm sure everyone that is on instagram knows that people are into that ^ stuff for the last year or so.

seriously that work was so amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

so does nobody talk of trevino because they have to wait to get work from him?

also, @irezumi i'm curious who you are talking about...

Chris Trevino is the best in Texas,but i wouldn't wait 3yrs for him.I don't think you have to go to the best Japanese tattooer in Texas to get an excellent half sleeve.If you wanted a bodysuit,then Chris has more experience doing full bodysuits than the other tattooers.I also like Jason Brooks,& Chris Lain.And for me it's not always the best tattooer,but what artist do I click with the best.

Katja Ramirez is really good too.

Instagram this dude does nice work in SA

i'm just gonna put this here since trevino's name just came up and i don't see much talk of him on here.

when i was getting tattooed the other week we started talking about chris, one thing was, chris does stuff 10-15 yrs before anyone else does it and nobody knows because he is not on social media or the internet much.

one thing that reminded me of all that, i came across a pic of partial body suit (not past a short sleeve, only down to the thighs, room around the neck so it doesn't show there)

but anyway, the suit was yogi/monk/buddhist themed and it pretty much blew my mind...then i saw the date of the photo 1997.

and i'm sure everyone that is on instagram knows that people are into that ^ stuff for the last year or so.

seriously that work was so amazing.

Was that on Bryan? I think I know the suit (and guy) you're talking about. And yeah, it's incredible.