Hi from Utah

CaptainMidnight

Hi LST! I've been lurking for a while now and figured I'd join because this forum is full of good stuff.

Anyway, I'm 31, have two small (palm-sized) tattoos from when I was younger and am just about to get started on a larger piece (fukai-hikae size -- upper arm, shoulder & pec) that I'm really excited about.

I wonder what percentage of Mormons (or members of the Church of Latter-Day Saints) have tattoos?

It would be interesting to know. Having grown up here (and hence, around a lot of Mormons) I do know that tattooing is quite taboo in LDS culture and I would imagine that tattoos are extremely rare among individuals who have always identified with Mormon culture. It's actually something that can be used as a cultural differentiator even here in SLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Mormons are super-dooper anti-tattoo, aren't they? I think (really, really don't quote me on this) I remember being told that both major denominations of the Mormon church strictly forbid tattoos.

Mainstream LDS are definitely anti tattoo (I think it might be in their doctrine). Not sure about RLDS/CoC but I bet it's the same doctrine on tattoos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping my intro thread because I thought I'd post a progress pic of my current work.

Quick 2 hour shading sesh. Had a rough time with it tonight because I was -exhausted- from lack of sleep and a lot of emotional crap going on lately, but was glad I got some chair time with my artist. Wanted to do more but I could feel my body fading on me.

edit: finally convinced the SOB to add to the post

• 2 weeks later...