Hi and a general thank you!

hifire

Hey crew,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm James. Awkward wave.

I wanted to say a bit of a thank you to the members of this board, I've been lurking around for quite a while gathering info before I got my first piece done (5 hour session last sunday to be followed by a 6 hour next sunday). It's great to find such a friendly and helpful community.

I'll be sure to post up pics once the piece if finished :)

Yeah I had considered going all the way to the wrist though I figured it was best to cut it off on the forearms. Just in case I ever have to go corporate again (heaven forbid haha).

I'm in a industry were a tatto could be seen as negative and impact advancement. However, I already wear long sleeve shirts, so I may end up doing it. Really like the sleeve look. Hope to find my zen during the tatto process. :)

Everyone I know that rides getting slammed these days which is such a shame. Brisbane used to have a great riding culture.

I've heard about the almost outright ban on the gold coast but to be honest I try to avoid the place as much as humanly possible! I am nowhere near triangular enough for those venues ;) haha

I do find it amusing that tons of places on the coast are selling the clean skin pullover stockings for the arms. That shit is hilarious.

Triangular = hipster?

Haha, nah overly buff dickhead festival clones that seem to be breeding at an alarming rate on the gold coast (and Brisbane i guess). Their arms/shoulders are so big they resemble triangles.

BrianH. Yeah we certainly have a way with words! Poetic might not be my first choice when describing our arguably loose grip on the english language.

My wife is Maltese. Speaks 3 different languages. Prides herself that her theoretical understanding of the English language is sound, until.....

My mates rocked up the 1st time when we got together on their bikes for a bar b and a few sherbs.

Cranking the sounds, knocking back the ales, swapping lies with the general lingo happening.

She said to me the next day, "why can't you blokes just speak normal English? I had no idea what you's we're talking about"

My reply was, "but babes, we're not English. We speak faaarkin' Australian".

Even after 13 years together she still at times struggles to understand our humour and lingo.

God love her, keep her guessing eh hifire!

My wife is Maltese. Speaks 3 different languages. Prides herself that her theoretical understanding of the English language is sound, until.....

My mates rocked up the 1st time when we got together on their bikes for a bar b and a few sherbs.

Cranking the sounds, knocking back the ales, swapping lies with the general lingo happening.

She said to me the next day, "why can't you blokes just speak normal English? I had no idea what you's we're talking about"

My reply was, "but babes, we're not English. We speak faaarkin' Australian".

Even after 13 years together she still at times struggles to understand our humour and lingo.

God love her, keep her guessing eh hifire!

Haha that's it mate, it keeps things interesting. My full blooded Australian fiance struggles to keep with with the shit I come up with sometimes.

I figured I'd update this thread with my progress. We crushed another 6 hours yesterday (bar a half hour lunch) and we are still not done. Getting all that black into me has been a struggle to say the least.

I've got another half day coming up in a fortnight to finish it off

Linkylink

Instagram