Punk/Oi//Crust/D-beat/Hardcore/Anarcho

Dbeatdano

I searched around and found no threads about punk music. Well here it is, all things punk rock. Post some new bands on the scene, or some classics. Also any punk tattoos, jackets, vests, mohawks, or anything else related. Sorry in advance if there's another thread like this.

Bought the family tickets to Riot Fest in Chicago last year. got to see some great stuff. Bad Religion, GWAR, Suicidal Tendencies, FLAG, Pennywise, and even some stuff my youngest daughter likes (14) Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, All Time Low. We have tickets for this year, their tenth anniversary but they haven't released the lineup yet. GBH did mention on their facebook that they would be playing though.

Thanks for starting this thread. Bringing back a lot of memories and giving me a general 'stoked' feeling.

My friend and I would drive around in her blue Mazda protege (super sexy car, huh? ah, the old pro') and pretty much listen to all of these songs on repeat.

My first show ever - fall 1997, Bricktown Live, Oklahoma City, OK - Against All Authority. Man, I get pumped any time I hear this shit, and "researching" for this thread (that is to say...procrastinating...because I have real work to do!!)

Walking Revolution - AAA

This was THE jam.

Lifestyle of Rebellion - AAA

I'd like to play me latest chart topper...

Right Now - Naked Aggression

And then this: (and omg are they touring RIGHT NOW?)

(to be continued...)

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh I have more but it will only let me post three at a tiiiiimmmee!!!

I stopped listening to this kind of music when His Hero is Gone broke up because I figured that with them gone nobody new would do anything worthwhile like that again. Bizarre logic maybe, but I stand by it.

Other favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjtkQAbVdmY

I would probably still get the MITB skull as a tattoo.

Propagandhi - Showdown

This is an inescapable track from my sophomore year in high school.

http://youtu.be/gzgG3HyRwV4

And then a band called The Adjustments did a cover of "boys of summer" called "the boise summer" (before any other punk covers, dammit) that was ALWAYS in rotation...I tracked down the CD recently because I couldn't find a digital copy....and after writing that i went ahead and uploaded it to youtube, thankyouverymuch, so here it is.

I should throw some Op Ivy in there to complete my high school set; it's sort of a given.

Well shit, I was all punk rock in the 80s but I don't know many of these bands you guys are talking about!

I got to see some classics, like the Ramones, play in Hartford, CT...

I loved bands like the Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, the Specials, Flipper, Devo, the Rezillos... ok too many to list. Some stuff from the more fun/silly punk rock side of the spectrum to some heavier stuff. Always loved David Bowie and Elvis Costello, not even sure what genre Elvis falls under, new wave?

These days, I've been listening to the new Brody Dalle album, Diploid Love:

And I love this Shirley Manson/Brody Dalle collaboration, Girls Talk:

My 1st tattoo, back in 1985 was the spiky haired punk rocker being shot through the head from the Sub Hum Anz album The Day The Country Died.

Had it reworked and it sits in with the suit great.

My 1st tattoo at 17, and now turning 46 this year, love it as much as I did then.

"Don't worry, you'll get over it, you'll grow old, you'll calm down, another youth, another fashion".....

Haha! Not even!

Great thread. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should throw some Op Ivy in there to complete my high school set; it's sort of a given.

I saw them in a tiny little club in Lafayette Indiana. I was there to open the club for them when they showed up. The funk that came out of that van when they opened the door is something I will likely never forget until the day I die. fucking awesome show though, He kept jumping around between songs saying "We just want to be your friends!!!!"

That tiny little club in Lafayette Indiana, where I grew up, had some really impressive bands come through. I did not even realize at the time how lucky I was for the fact that I was in the middle of nowhere midwest. Op Ivy, Dag Nasty, Naked Raygun, Zero Boys, Toxic Reasons, KGB, Screeching Weasel, SS20. Damn that was a fun time.

If anyone was into the more hardcore stuff from the late 80s/early 90s, my friend is one of the guitarists for Up Front. They played in NY and the Anthrax Club in CT in the late 80s a lot. Haven't really done much since the mid-90s, but that's because they're all married with careers now. Funny how that happens.

"