Punk/Oi//Crust/D-beat/Hardcore/Anarcho

Dbeatdano

I stopped listening to this kind of music when His Hero is Gone broke up because I figured that with them gone nobody new would do anything worthwhile like that again. Bizarre logic maybe, but I stand by it.

this is a band that no one ever talks about but they're one of my favorites for sure. i'm glad to see them posted on here.

If it's Black Flag with Greg Ginn, don't waste your money.

You're better off seeing Flag with Keith Morris as the frontman.

I saw Black Flag last year solely because Ron Reyes was the frontman, their best IMHO.

Long story short, I had to sit through three "indie" bands that Greg Ginn handpicked for the tour. Total fucking shit. When, Black Flag finally hit the stage, Greg Ginn had a motherfucking theremin that he was fucking with before and after each song. I wanted to strangle that vindictive piece of shit.

Ron Reyes killed it, but I believe they are using Mike Vallely as the singer, because he has that side project with Greg Ginn with sounds like LATER Rollins era flag, which I've always hated.

They're using Mike Vallely on vocals. I've never seen Black Flag, and haven't really been listening to them much, but I saw the show and thought it might be cool. Thanks for the heads up.

If it's Black Flag with Greg Ginn, don't waste your money.

You're better off seeing Flag with Keith Morris as the frontman.

I saw Black Flag last year solely because Ron Reyes was the frontman, their best IMHO.

Long story short, I had to sit through three "indie" bands that Greg Ginn handpicked for the tour. Total fucking shit. When, Black Flag finally hit the stage, Greg Ginn had a motherfucking theremin that he was fucking with before and after each song. I wanted to strangle that vindictive piece of shit.

Ron Reyes killed it, but I believe they are using Mike Vallely as the singer, because he has that side project with Greg Ginn with sounds like LATER Rollins era flag, which I've always hated.

I am kind of into the idea of Greg Ginn with a theremin just because Black Flag was always the kind of band to do something to alienate and piss off people. I bet if I was actually there I'd want to punch Greg Ginn in his stupid neck though.

This Kicker record is fantastic...You can never go wrong with Dave Edwardson on bass.

Caught them at bottom of the hill (with Acid King!!) in SF awhile back as part of a fund raiser/tribute for Alan Forbes. They ruled. Lager and Chips is a personal favorite of mine. That whole LP is sweeeet.

post-557-146168867834_thumb.jpg

This looks rad as hell. A lot of bands I'm not interested in, but also atleast a dozen I'd love to see. Im definitely gonna make this happen this year.

Went last year, and on the last day, when all the bands I really wanted to see were playing, it started storming and we were told to leave (this was right after the really bad flooding in denver last year) Turns out they all came back on and played short sets after the storm, but we were already too far out to make it back.

[ATTACH]10710[/ATTACH]

This looks rad as hell. A lot of bands I'm not interested in, but also atleast a dozen I'd love to see. Im definitely gonna make this happen this year.

Went last year, and on the last day, when all the bands I really wanted to see were playing, it started storming and we were told to leave (this was right after the really bad flooding in denver last year) Turns out they all came back on and played short sets after the storm, but we were already too far out to make it back.

We went to Chicago and got rain on Sunday, Day 3, But that was nothing compared to what I heard happened in Denver. We had such a good time I bought the whole family tix again at the pre sale at Thanksgiving without even knowing what the line up would be. They still have a bunch they won't announce until early August. Some will drop off too. Motorhead and Bad Brains had to drop off last year due to health issues. Sucks getting old.

I didn't know who/what that was before your post and I can't say that my life has improved in any way now that I have this knowledge.

Hahahaha. It's true, I probably didn't help in the least. However, maybe you'll let it slide since I mentioned Middian. And big ups on Kiss It Goodbye. I still have my Deadguy tee.

I'm not gonna lie, the new Jessica Lea Mayfield has been played constantly. I should just go to that music thread for a day or two.

Hahahaha. It's true, I probably didn't help in the least. However, maybe you'll let it slide since I mentioned Middian. And big ups on Kiss It Goodbye. I still have my Deadguy tee.

I'm not gonna lie, the new Jessica Lea Mayfield has been played constantly. I should just go to that music thread for a day or two.

Sometimes I try to keep up on the music the youth are listening to, and it always ends with me being somewhat happy that I'm a cranky old man.

That Middian recommendation gets you off the hook this time.