How long to wait between tattoos?

Boiled Dove

I've been looking around and haven't seen this topic come up. I have a session booked with a guy, now postponed but it will likely be sometime the week of the 19th. Sometime about 2 or 3 weeks after that I'm going to have to go to Denver for work where the guy lives who did my big TARDIS. We still need to finish some stuff up around it and I don't get out there all that often, about once every 2 years. So is there an amount of time you should wait between tattoo sessions? They are not going to be on the same parts of the body and both are clean, professional shops. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. Thanks,

Don't worry I would say... I have already taken 2 tattoo sessions, separated by 7 days only (different areas location). I saw no big difference with enduring the pain. As Dave mention, it's of course better to have some rest during the meaning time between the 2 sessions.

Only issue was getting comfortable.

Second this. It takes me about 2 weeks to recover fully physically and to get my head back in the game. It depends on the length of the session - we usually try to go as long as I can tolerate, so YMMV. My guy recommends every 2-3 weeks between big sessions. Two weeks in a row can accumulate some stress.

tl;dr - you're good.

When I was getting tattooed by Scott, Jeff was telling a story about how he bet a guy twice the price of his tattoo on the dice cage they have at Black Heart. The client lost, and apparently he had been in there getting tattooed four times that week. Not sure if it was for one shots or large scale work. Scott said something to the effect that it was bad karma to win that much money from someone who was filling four appointments per week, but them's the rules of dice cage.

You'll be sweet as Dove. Two separate parts of the body, both relatively small jobs. The 1st tattoo will be a fading memory by the time you sit for number 2. Enjoy!

When ya get the right head space happening, you'd be surprised how ya can slam 2 big sessions a week. Takes a lot of mental prep but.

I'm glad those big monster sessions are done with :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Stephens told me there was a kid who got tattooed by him every other week, and on the in-between weeks, he was getting tattooed by Marina Inoue. So the guy was getting tattooed every week, and had been doing this for a pretty long time. I can't even imagine having to be constantly healing tattoos.

But yeah, you'll be fine OP.

I agree with this, 2-3 weeks default. The healing time depends on size and how well you took care of yourself during the healing. make sure to eat lots of healthy food and water, maybe vitamin supplements, and you should heal quickly and be good to go, otherwise you need more time to heal and let your immune and nervous systems rest and recover.

• 2 months later...

So I have a slightly different question..I plan to get another piercing to make mine spider bites (one of my snake bites messed up so I took it out)

I want to get it tomorrow, but I have a tattoo appointment to finish my half sleeve on Saturday. Is this okay? I know my artist said not to get two tattoos within a few weeks so your body can focus on one wound instead of two, but curious about a piercing

• 4 years later...

This is a super old post but in case the ? comes up again-if it isn’t the same area then you’re in the clear. Just had a really large piece done on my back, right side back shoulder blade on Monday. Went in Tuesday, not even 24 hours later & got an even larger piece same spot but opposite side, which was also a cover up, have had no issues so far a week later. No need to space the work out unless it’s on the same tattoo or directly in that area. So no worries to anyone else who comes along with the same question.