Anak

Hi

47 year male from central Texas here. Finally getting half a sleeve koi fish in traditional Japanese style this Thursday.

I'm very excited, but nervous. I did a lot of research on what artist I wanted to use

and decided on Katja Ramirez, who works out of Rock Of Ages in Austin, TX.

Really like the work I have seen from her. Just hope I don't embarrass myself and can take the pain.

I do have a small tattoo, that is going to be covered up. Been reading a lot of posts and it has been very helpful.

Just a short introduction and thanks for the helpful posts.

Welcome and great choice of artist! You'll have to post pictures.

I will do that. Thanks for the feedback on the artist.

I did not want somebody who does shitty work. It will cost,

but, a life time of wear, really not that bad.

Good luck Anak! I know the feeling, I was getting a bit stressed in the days leading up to the session but I managed to find a nice little zen place in my mind the moment I hit the chair.

Can't wait to see the photos. Are you getting it done in a single session?

Good luck Anak! I know the feeling, I was getting a bit stressed in the days leading up to the session but I managed to find a nice little zen place in my mind the moment I hit the chair.

Can't wait to see the photos. Are you getting it done in a single session?

No, the first session is for three hours and the second session is for 4 hours. I'm guessing the first session is just going to be line work. Not sure how many sessions it is going to be. I am hoping that the artist will do some color for the cover-up. I don't even know the color, leaving all that in the artist hands . Just want a tattoo that looks great. Will post a picture after the first session.

Probably a good move, my guy seems very keen on long sessions and ended up booking me for two six hours sessions (a fortnight apart). The first one ended up being about 5 after we did the drawings on my arm but it sounds like this sunday is going to be 6 solid hours of shading and coloring!