Symbolic pictures for a car accident

Thotties keep walking

Hey everyone, I got into a bad car accident a couple years ago and I plan on getting a picture with the date and a couple of quotes on my back shoulder. The only problem I'm having is I can't think of anything great!, I was going to bring in a picture of the car but with how bad it looked I'm not sure if it would look as detailed as I would like. If anyone can think of anything basic I could start with and make my changes and advancements on it would be extremely helpful!! Thanks and happy tatting

~~no Thotties~~

If there's one thing I've learned from here, it's that tattoos like this don't need a bunch of banners with script/quotes/sayings. Good solid imagery can do the same thing for minus the daily questions behind it's meaning etc.

I have a remembrance tattoo and if I were to do it over I'd drop the banners and script.

what about the the crash do you want to remember when you look at the tattoo?

the near death experience? maybe a grim reaper

the violent twisted metal? maybe bio mech

how lucky you were to survive? a traditional horse shoe, four leaf clover, or other lucky symbols

the unlucky Friday the 13th date? lots of traditional Friday the 13th tattoo designs to choose from

I agree with @BrianH - think about why you want this tattoo, and what about the experience you want to commemorate? What do you want this tattoo to do for you? Sometimes choosing non-literal imagery that symbolizes the feeling you are going for is a lot more successful than going for a very literal image. For example, if you want to commemorate survival, I think a phoenix could be cool. Or if it's about luck, see the suggestions above. Or if it's about a near-death experience, I like the reaper idea above, or even something like a skull, which to me is the most classic memento mori. There are a lot of amazing options if you think outside of the box a bit and go for the thing that feels right rather than what represents it most obviously.