Getting my first tat

fitfreak

Hey new to this place and just want to get advice. Gonna turn 18 in a few months and thinking bout getting my first tattoo. People say i look like clark kent so im thinking bout getting the superman logo on my pecs.

I also wrestle in the 103 lb weight class so i was thinking maybe bout getting 103 tattooed on my oblique.

Or I was thinking it would look sick to have eagle wings on my lowers abs. My buddy has eagle wings and it looks pretty cool.

Anyway hoping to get advice. Included pix so u can give ur thoughts. Thx

abs_zpsbb9f31c0.png

selfy_zpsfe789294.png

I gotta agree with the sound advice already given above. Faaark the wings, go the full eagle.

Not only are eagles the epitome of cool, they're timeless, and as a kick arse tattoo you will love it weather your 18 or 80.

Ditch the superman idea, that'll go down as "the tattoo I got when I was 18".

Full blown eagle, either smashed on the chest or across the front would both be shit hot.

But in saying this, this will be your 1st tattoo mate. A major piece em blazed on your front is no walk in the park. But don't let that make you opt for a little piece you may regret later just to test the waters.

Maybe...work out a killer half sleeve or something on your arm, then progress to a more challenging part of the body.

But then, I also know fellas who have gone hard core, straight up tattoo number 1.

Either way, the consistent advice here is choose well.

This is my eagle smacked under my chest.

Eagles are rad!

post-31786-146168867848_thumb.jpg

Get a really close image of what you want, bash it in a frame on the wall and look at it every day for a year. If you still love it and the idea, do it.

I drew all my own, and it was always about a year from conception to ink, and I kept going back to look and check if my love was still there.

6 years on, and I bloody love them all. :)

I like that idea. Do you mean like superman logo with eagle wings comin off of it? How big would it be?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow your eagle is awesome. Is it on the upper or lower part of your chest? Any thoughts on the superman man logo on my chest. I think it would be sweet to be able to rip open my shirt and reveal the symbol (lol). I also wrestle so i want whatever I get to be easy to see under my wrestling unitard.

Do you think a half sleeve would look good on my arm? Doesn't it take a long time to complete it?

proveit_zps7238847e.jpg

Also, how long did u have to go before u could expose the tat to the sun? It's summer so i don't wanna be wrapped up in a shirt all the time cause of the tat.

]Any thoughts on the superman man logo on my chest. I think it would be sweet to be able to rip open my shirt and reveal the symbol (lol).

Dumb. Are you getting this tattoo for yourself, or for what you want others to think of you, or for the laughs?

Also, how long did u have to go before u could expose the tat to the sun? It's summer so i don't wanna be wrapped up in a shirt all the time cause of the tat.

Depends on how long you want it to look good. If you don't care, feel free to soak up the rays!

Dumb. Are you getting this tattoo for yourself, or for what you want others to think of you, or for the laughs?

Depends on how long you want it to look good. If you don't care, feel free to soak up the rays!

I'm getting the tat for both myself and as a show piece. I think thats why most people get one, right? Will the tat fade or bubble if exposed to the sun?

Wrestling or aggressive exercise with a healing scab can and probably will make it come off prematurely usually causing loss of color or shading.

@fitfreak

The panther is a very classic tattoo image that is pretty much side by side with eagles and hearts in timeless iconography. So it's not unlike me to use that as a go-to classic.

this isn't your first season is it? Then you surely know about ringworm and the legion of other skin diseases you can get. I wrestled 125 at your age, and a healing tattoo is not something you want while in season.

Don't get your weight class tattooed on you, that's dumb. If you continue to wrestle your weight will fluctuate and you will end up in different weight classes. And once you stop, say when you start college, you will gain weight - lots of it. Forget 103.

Personally, I'd say no to the superman logo. It might be funny to you and your friends now. But just imagine explaining that to strangers out of school. Or ripping your shirt off in front of them.

Anyways, everything that's been said is solid advice - follow it if you want to

Why would wrestling screw up healing of the tattoo? And lol where'd the panther come from??? Sounds cool

Mat herpes. Seriously. Unrelated, how was your season?

Panthers are sweet tattoos - classic and cool. My only advice would be don't just snag your first tattoo but rather do a lot of thinking and research and find something you can love tomorrow, next year and next century.

Since you're a wrestler check out bulls - they make awesome subjects. IMO.

I'm getting the tat for both myself and as a show piece. I think thats why most people get one, right? Will the tat fade or bubble if exposed to the sun?

Don't worry about why other people get tattoos.

If you are looking for something that also has a "show piece" aspect, then recognize that you are asking to be judged by people. You are placing part of your self-worth into other people's reactions. If you choose something that is not timeless, then you risk people's opinions/judgements of the piece changing in negative ways over time. Are you ok with this? For example, trending bands and TV shows. What might seem all, "Whoa, cool dude" could easily end up being, "oh, yeah, whatever" years down the line. Can you accept that the show piece may no longer have the impact?

Yes, a tattoo will fade. If you want to keep it looking as good as possible for as long as possible, commit to wearing shirts more often and investing in ton of sunscreen.

I've never gotten a tattoo as a 'show piece'.. infact some of the tattoos i have that I love the most are in areas only the people very closest to me ever see..

and FYI we all know what the human body looks like... posting photographs of your body parts isn't gonna get you better tattoo advice ;)