Motorcycles

Mick Weder

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:16 PM, Hogrider said:

1393486905_hyderalaska.jpg.eb496a4b8530e36d088e7b209ec932ee.jpg

My brother and I rode out motorcycles from the Washington DC area to Hyder, Alaska and back a couple of years ago. This is me standing under the Hyder sign. That was a Kawasaki 2000. Nice bike but I traded it in for a Road King.

Cool motorcycles, I guess this road was hard but interesting

• 1 month later...

Thanks @pidjones. it's not a modular... just a good ol' full face.

Sadly, i just enjoy riding and haven't had the time or space to do much work on my own bike. This is the first place where i've had my own garage, since i started riding in 2012.

I did just come across in San Jose called Moto Guild, where you can rent a shared space to work on bikes. Pretty intriguing, but the time aspect is still an issue.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, AtomicMagpye said:

New Bike - picked it up on Saturday....  always wanted one when they first came out - had a zzr600 - and now this one....

so here is me and my son  and willie G and the bud girls and a few of my bikes back in my hell raising days LOL many years ago,BTW I bought that KZ550 new in 81,I also had a 83 GPZ 750 and a 70 kawa twin

1994.JPG

kawa.JPG

loveride.JPG

me&willieg.JPG

sporty.JPG

Edited by Dan

9 hours ago, Dan said:

so here is me and my son  and willie G and the bud girls and a few of my bikes back in my hell raising days LOL many years ago,BTW I bought that KZ550 new in 81,I also had a 83 GPZ 750 and a 70 kawa twin

Marvellous! - my first real experience of a motorcycle was riding pillion on my cousin's GPZ750 turbo..... after that I really wanted a bike 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There is a vintage motorcycle club that meets in Knoxville at the Time Warp Tea Room. For 2020 (before the virus thing) we have a challenge to put 20 old bikes back on the road. I found a '78 GoldWing that had been off the road for at least 9 years and finally stashed in a fence row. Drug it home, stripped it down and proceeded to rescue it. It is finally ready for serious road testing.

I named it "Johnny 5" because it is the 5th GL1000 I've owned.
acc43f396bdbef9a696c972f4e628930.jpg22122a7bbef32d450293c3e69d475d4d.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Shazbott! Was taking the RD400c for a sedate 25 mile ride on 8-28. Almost home. Nissan pulls from a drive hidden by tall weeds about 15 feet in front of me (I was gong about 25mph). Brake, horn, push hard left - he kept coming at I went over the hood into a ditch lined with tall weeds. Beautiful little bike is a goner. I have a lot of soreness and a separated AC joint for the left shoulder. Looking at at least two months of PT rehab. ATGATT pretty much saved me otherwise. Gonna have a couple painful weeks ahead.

BTW, our church (with a different name) is having another bike show in a couple  weeks. Check it out if you are in the area!

The Way Show.jpg

The Way map simple.jpg