America's Next Top Tattoo Model.

Ha! Well, I did think it was a joke at first...but, then again America's Next Top Model is (was?) really successful, so of course they are doing this.

Never heard of those magazines either, but Hellenbrand is cool!

Ok, I'm sure this is too cheesy for her, but @Eilin should go on this show. She'd win. She's gorgeous and she has the best tattoos!

This doesn't surprise me in the least... anyone youngish woman with tattoos or man with tattoos , a beard and skinny jeans now thinks they're a 'tattoo model'!

I agree with @TrixieFaux , @Eilin should definitly go on! Beautiful with fantastic tattoos... sadly most of these 'tattoo models' have rubbish tattoos just for the sake of it..

^ Eh, I'd tend to agree with that. An awful lot of them look like they just got covered quickly for the sake of the overall "look" rather than accumulating good tattoos over time. But then I guess time's not really on your side when you're a model.

This is a generalisation and it doesn't go for everyone, obviously.

OMG! Haha this is so funny! And a little bit sad, Im guessing from the people judging this, it will be a lot of horrible tattoos showing off! And more publicity to the wrong people.

You are too sweet @TrixieFaux @hollyjoybee :o but sadly I don't think good tattoos would get me far in a show like this! Im not enough drama :rolleyes: hehe

This doesn't surprise me in the least... anyone youngish woman with tattoos or man with tattoos , a beard and skinny jeans now thinks they're a 'tattoo model'!

I agree with @TrixieFaux , @Eilin should definitly go on! Beautiful with fantastic tattoos... sadly most of these 'tattoo models' have rubbish tattoos just for the sake of it..

Yeah, @Eilin would be a kick ass in the beginning and intimidate them with her awesome tattoos, but would get get booted early for being normal. They need to save the drama contestants to create all the trouble during the bulk of the season. I'll watch some episodes to see where it goes. Sometimes a good trainwreck is fun.

I saw this idiocy coming......20 something year old girls trying to cover themselves with tattoos to fill the niche! They see the tattoo mags and the blossom of the digital camera age where anyone can go buy a camera and call himself a "photographer"

There are guys out there who literally prey on these ladies....most of them with horrible tattoos!

Mind you there are some beautiful ladies out there getting heavily tattooed and doing it proper.....BUT this show will definitely send the wrong message to ladies out there who think or are told they have what it takes to be "alternative" models!

I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I read the title.....

UGH!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I had seriously thought about adding a tattoo from Kate.......but not after her participation in this abortion of a show......

You mean you won't be joining everyone on the yacht @Bunny Switchblade ? :rolleyes:

Nope....not at all....LOL.....I never would have even when I did "modeling" it was always just for fun.....just for myself.....never to gain anything from being tattooed!

I did a couple of those photo sessions at the conventions and I did let Mary D'aloisio photograph me to document my "collection" ..... I allowed her to use those photos in that article in the first edition Tattoo Culture Mag.

I've turned down offers to be on a show about tattoo "collectors" and about 8 months ago was asked about a show they were trying to put together about tattoo apprenticeships!

Not my thing......

Apprenticeship shows? Fucking ridiculous. How about one for the front desk? Or tattoo shop hanger-outers?

Why are we getting more exploited than others? Are there ice trucking/lumberjack spin-off shows strictly about dudes first week on the job? Apprenticeship biker build shows? I don't watch any of that shit so if I'm right and don't even know it that's pretty fucking sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note; if this were a show of 'tattoo models' meaning tattoos that are designed & composed well with the body itself regardless of age or body shape, that could have potential.

That won't be this show I'm sure. I can't imagine it will be anything but Americas Top Model That Happens To Be Tattooed.

I haven't been getting tattooed nearly long enough to have any credibility to say this, but fuck, I hope tattoos go out of style really soon.

I feel the way our current generation (although I argue the same can be said about many generations)/ society has adopted tattoos into its music, movies, sports, food, cars, tv, magazines, video games, and anyone that wants to commemorate that oh so significant life event (she dumped me when i was 16, here is my tattoo) that shift is IMO at least 10+ years away.

The reality may be with cyclical fads that by the time tattoos start to wane, it will pick up again in only a short amount later with another youth culture.

I've been getting tattooed for 13+ years. I am still also to new to the game, but maybe my observations hold weight if my credibility doesn't

UPDATE/ EDIT: @Bunny Switchblade, it breaks my heart that these people have to be labeled alternative anything because I view alternative as a polite way to say "lesser". I have dated and known many heavily tattooed women that were some of the sexiest out there. maybe it is just my preference, but my wife has some tattoos and I encourage her to get more.

I haven't been getting tattooed nearly long enough to have any credibility to say this, but fuck, I hope tattoos go out of style really soon.

I think it might be tipping, a bit.

Not to say that it won't take TV 5+ years to catch on to this; it'll just spit out increasingly desperate shows to fill the surplus of channels for people who are hate-watching this stuff while they can't sleep. I think shows like this might be a sign that it's on its way out as a trend. Maybe. How is this cool?

I'm also doing my small part to make having tattoos look uncool :rolleyes:

To me it makes no difference. I will like tattoos whether they are trendy or not, whether there are shows about them or not. I also don't really care whether people are getting them "for the right reasons" or not. Are there right reasons and wrong reasons? Maybe to each person it's different. We live, we die, we get tattoos...or not. I'm having a live and let live moment, sorry to interrupt the bitch session. :D

a) Tattoos are not going out of vogue anytime soon if ever. They are only gaining in mainstream acceptance and popularity. I'm sure there will be a backlash -- if there isn't already -- of the cool kids not getting tattoos, but whatevs. I got mine and have no plans to stop anytime soon.

b) If you don't like the reality shows, don't watch 'em. I freely admit to watching Ink Masters/Best Ink even though it is trainwreck TV. Maybe if I were a tattooer I'd be more bent out of shape about it and rightfully so, but I'm not.

c) Let's reserve our scorn for a show that really deserves it like this one: Spike TV Sets Tattoo-Themed 'Ink Shrinks' Special That Could Spawn New Series - Deadline.com For those too lazy to click the link, here's the highlights:

"Spike TV is looking to expand its slate of tattoo-themed programming. Building on the success of its Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares series and ahead of Ink Master’s fourth season finale tonight, Spike TV has greenlit a half-hour pilot special Ink Shrinks to premiere this fall with an eye toward a series. Ink Shrinks features a forward-thinking team of artists, psychologists and other professionals who prescribe “blind” tattoos as a means of healing. After discussing their clients’ issues, the team will design a unique tattoo to help jump start the mending process. The clients put their faith in the ‘ink shrinks’ as they won’t know what their tattoo looks like until the session is complete and the artwork is irreversible."

Let the mending process begin!

Wow to ink shrinks.... I'm not against meaning in tattoos, but I will still roll my eyes at them.

To me they are always so on the nose. Like the painting in the movie dodgeball of Ben stiller wrestling a bull "it's me taking the bull by the horns!"