No big deal, @Dan S. I don't disagree w/ you -- just trying to stir the pot a little. Was actually referring to this thread: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/3303-how-do-you-feel-about-tattoo-blogs.html

Seems like a lot of people are recently up in arms about the way Native Americans are depicted in pop culture (e.g., the Braves/Indians/Redskins, No Doubt pulling their video, etc.). I am not one of them as I am not Native American myself, but I get it.

In terms of tattoos, I've seen some beautiful Indian and gypsy heads based on classic flash -- that are a part of Americana more than anything else -- which I don't find offensive in the least. At the same time, I can understand why some other people might be offended based on a long history of oppression and blah-blah-blah.

My take on it is: people have a right to free speech, which means complain all you want -- but you don't have a right not to be offended. There's got to be a balance in there somewhere between the "PC police" and trying to be respectful of other cultures (i.e., not being a dick in general).

No big deal, @Dan S. I don't disagree w/ you -- just trying to stir the pot a little. Was actually referring to this thread: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/3303-how-do-you-feel-about-tattoo-blogs.html

Seems like a lot of people are recently up in arms about the way Native Americans are depicted in pop culture (e.g., the Braves/Indians/Redskins, No Doubt pulling their video, etc.). I am not one of them as I am not Native American myself, but I get it.

In terms of tattoos, I've seen some beautiful Indian and gypsy heads based on classic flash -- that are a part of Americana more than anything else -- which I don't find offensive in the least. At the same time, I can understand why some other people might be offended based on a long history of oppression and blah-blah-blah.

My take on it is: people have a right to free speech, which means complain all you want -- but you don't have a right not to be offended. There's got to be a balance in there somewhere between the "PC police" and trying to be respectful of other cultures (i.e., not being a dick in general).

I feel ya on the balance. Here in Wisconsin the "native-american' thing is a big issue, with maybe a little different spin. As far as the whole 'native-american" thing, my friends who are members of various tribes refer to themselves as "indians", unless there's an "outsider" around. Hey-I'm a native-american too-I was born here!

I guess I'm kinda old-school Chicago. I don't get bent if someone calls me a kraut, or a mick, and I don't expect them to get bent if I call them a polock! Be's that way here, at least for the most part.

As for tattoo blogs, hey, as long as whoever is running it is legitimately doing it to further the art of, and understanding of, tattooing, I got no problem with it. When pencil-necks try to push their own agenda by bending things around to their own viewpoint and putting that on the whole "tattoo community", then we part company.

It's all good...

Racist...I'm sorry, DJ, and no diss intended, but man, that's the most overworked word in the english language.

Tattooers, of everyone in the world, should get the idea that Political Correctness is bullshit.

That doesn't, by a long shot, mean that actual, real-live racism is okay, it just means that I would think people who typically operate on/in the edges of mainstream society should realize that PC is a political construct designed strictly to enslave people, and to ensure they do their master's bidding. If you say something the least bit non-PC, you are "racist", or a "nazi", or my favorite, a "Hater".

I'm just glad I spend most of my time in Chicago, where a spade is still a spade.

No matter what country it came from.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
At the shop I work out in Hollywood, Chris Brown and Rihanna came in (before he kicked her ass) and they both had some pretty ridiculous tattoos on them (some of which were done at our shop). On his upper arm, there was a Jesus in the clouds with ninjas popping out of all the clouds around it. I asked what was up with the ninjas, and he said they were to protect Jesus. I'm Jewish, so I don't know all that much about Jesus I guess, but I'm pretty sure homeboy doesn't ninjas to protect him when the shit hits the fan.

I'm going to laugh about this all day today. That's hysterical. Ninjas. Bahahahaha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
More crap Bieber tattoos.

[ATTACH]8929[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8930[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8931[/ATTACH]

At this rate he is going to fill up before our very eyes. Amusing at least.

excuse my language but.. he is SUCH a cock.

Is he even actually old enough? and his feet are rank. (sorry for such negative vibes so early on a wednesday morning!)

excuse my language but.. he is SUCH a cock.

Is he even actually old enough? and his feet are rank. (sorry for such negative vibes so early on a wednesday morning!)

He's 19, so he's old enough now. I think in Ontario you can be 16 with parental permission anyway. Note that I'm not a Bieber fan or anything; we Canadians are required by law to learn about him.

I actually don't dislike the tiger on his upper arm.

• 3 weeks later...