Binary tattoo

Faolan

i wanted everyone's opinion on binary tattoos. I know the stigma for letter tattoos; many say they're a waste of space, not artful, and they bleed together over a short time unless you make them big. Would a binary be the same? It stands to reason they don't need as much grace so they can be put at a safe distance apart with a simple design like this one http://s2.hubimg.com/u/82279_f520.jpg so would this one be likely to merge together to become indecipherable? Also, do you guys think binary a more artistic for than regular words? can't wait to here what you think.

I'd like to also know what you think about Aurebesh tattoos, that's the alphabet used in the star wars movies.

To each their own, but I guess I don't really see the point of something like this as a tattoo. To me, if you are going to get tattooed, why not get something that is an artistic representation of whatever you are trying to get across and not just some text or in this case ones and zeros. There are tattooers who do really beautiful lettering in a very artistic manner and I'm sure the same thing could be done with something like this, but the one in the picture is pretty poorly executed.

That said, everyone should do what they want. I just don't think too many people would be happy with something like this in the long run.

Even though I'm a mathematician and have a math-oriented tattoo being worked out deep in the recesses of my mind I'm not a fan of binary tattoos... Seems like a waste of space that could otherwise be used for art. I can imagine ways short binary strings could be a part of a larger tech-oriented piece though.

Sort of feel the same way about aurabesh...for me Id rather have a boba fett or a homeward bound death star or gypsy head princess Leia or something.

What about a computer with binary on the screen? I'm sure there are lots of ways to make it into a more appealing tattoo. If you really dig a plain binary tattoo, then by all means get it. No need to appease us. But if you're asking because you're rethinking, then definitely try to make the tattoo more visually striking. Do you have an artist in mind? They may be able to offer more informed insight.

alright, a lot of people are saying that the design is too plain or something so I'd like to clear that up. Firstly, i am only asking if this kind of design would look bad over time like small lettering does. Secondly, i am not going to do anything near that simple, it is going to be a small thing in a much larger design. Like a Star Wars tattoo and around it "may the force be with you" in aurebesh, and i was designing a swallow tattoo and thinking of coloring it with colorful binary code instead of simply shading it in.

it is going to be a small thing in a much larger design. Like a Star Wars tattoo and around it "may the force be with you" in aurebesh, and i was designing a swallow tattoo and thinking of coloring it with colorful binary code instead of simply shading it in.

Jesus... Why not add morse code to the mix and make it a completely unreadable tattoo

• 2 weeks later...