Japanese style in Chicago recommendation

petes67bird

Hi everyone I am back. I love the work Nick Colella did for me over the winter based upon the recommendation given here. Now I want to do a cover up on my other arm. I have a tribal piece, like a half band around my arm I got 20 years ago when it was just getting popular, I was 18, and pointed and said this one on printed flash ?. I am always embarrassed of this tattoo. So I was hoping for a Japanese themed half with roses and possibly a Koi or something along those lines. My other arm is filled with random personal meaning tattoos and would like to theme my other arm.

I want to plan a session in a couple months so I would like to start booking an appointment with an artist. I am not sure if Japanese is a style Nick does, as I haven't really ever seen any art or tattoos in that style from him. I will ask him regardless though.

I am wondering if someone knows of an artist that specializes in the Japanese style here in Chicago. Would love to look at some portfolios and I respect the opinions of the members on this forum. Thank you so much.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

May I offer a simple suggestion. If you aren't too familiar with japanese styles but have a basic concept of what you want be open minded to the artist'a suggestions it will turn out much greater IMO

Most definitely, I am completely open.

Just a thought. Think long about a Half sleeve. In hindsight I might have gone 3/4 at least. Just a thought now that I'm older.

EDIT: I noticed you mentioned posting healed pics. If you went ahead already ignore me

Healed pics would be from the half sleeve done over the winter. Unfortunately, due to my stupidity, I got sunburn Friday pretty bad. I thought about 3/4, it's just I would like the ease of covering up for work with 3/4 shirts in the summer. Full length shirts get me really sweaty as I work in a hospital.

Healed pics would be from the half sleeve done over the winter. Unfortunately, due to my stupidity, I got sunburn Friday pretty bad. I thought about 3/4, it's just I would like the ease of covering up for work with 3/4 shirts in the summer. Full length shirts get me really sweaty as I work in a hospital.

Got ya. I misread. I always look forward to new pics it eases my frustration as I wait for my next sessions.

I been looking at drawings for a few weeks and I finally found a drawing I really like. It was in some bodies sketchbook, he just drew up a random Japanese inspired drawing. I contacted the artist asking if he would mind if I based my tattoo off of his drawing. I don't want to copy the drawing, just want to show the artist I eventually choose that this is what I like and would like something similar to it.

I am not sure if Japanese is a style Nick does, as I haven't really ever seen any art or tattoos in that style from him. I will ask him regardless though.

I like this idea. The guys at that shop are seasoned tattooers with a lot of street shop experience and I bet they have a range far beyond what you see on their instagrams. At the very least, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I like this idea. The guys at that shop are seasoned tattooers with a lot of street shop experience and I bet they have a range far beyond what you see on their instagrams. At the very least, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks Graeme hope you are doing well.