Maryland Tattooer, new to the site :)

PurpleOctopusInk

Hello everyone, my name is Candace. I tattoo at American Tattoo Studio in Brunswick, MD. I started working there in March of this year. I had a traditional apprenticeship at a shop in Gettysburg, PA. It was not an easy road but I wouldn't change any of it because it helped mold me into the artist I am today. Always try to improve, never stop learning. I try to make each piece I do better than the last. It doesn't always happen but with each piece I tattoo, I learn something new. I've been tattooing since March of 2013, I was "unleashed" on the public in November of 2013. My mentor never allowed me to tattoo fruit or pig skin, he said that it would form too many bad habits, I did my first three tattoos on myself and my boyfriend allowed me to use his leg to practice after that. I was only allowed to tattoo four people (myself, my boyfriend, an artist that worked in the shop I apprenticed at, and the piercer there) while I apprenticed and not for lack of people wanting to get tattooed by me, my mentor just wouldn't allow it. Anyway, check out my work, I have an Instagram account and a Facebook page. my Instagram is PurpleOctopusInk and to find me on Facebook, search for Candace Owings - Tattooer/Artist. I'm always open to constructive criticism as long as it is constructive. I'm just getting started, I look forward to the long journey ahead. This has been a dream of mine since I was little and it's still surreal that I'm actually living it. My goal here is to make new acquaintances within the industry and maybe draw in some new clients :) I look forward to looking around and adding my .02 cents in where I can :)

~Candace

American Tattoo Studio