New to the site with concept questions!

hdmark

Hello all!

I got my first tattoo last year (22nd birthday) of a banner/scroll on my shoulder with hebrew writing and as im seeing from a lot of other people it becomes addicting quickly. Im starting look into my next one aiming for the end of this summer. I made the huge mistake of getting my first one in july and then having to attempt to hide it through multiple beach and pool days.

My school's mascot is a dragon, and my fraternities is a lion. I was thinking for my next one i wanted to incorporate either/both of them into a design. I also like the watercolor tattoos ive seen alot! Im in the first conceptual stages of planning this so i figured i would ask people with way more experience!

Glad to be joining! and thank you!

not sure about the chest although i cant lie and say im not already starting to design that in my head...

thigh wouldnt be bad. thinking maybe the calf? legs are somewhat hairy tho.

any thoughts on how to incorporate it into a scroll?

and thank you for the quick replies!!!

If I didn't think most newbies would take it seriously and/or offensive, we should have an "Ask @Graeme" thread where you propose your new age idea, and he comes up with a badass traditional alternative.

i have a theory that some of the new users are really just @Pugilist in disguise posting about endless text/no outline/watercolor tattoos just to push @Graeme 's buttons. and then he angrily scrubs the dishes and cleans the house.

Ya that's not bad . I'm not sure about watercolor now lol. I'm liking the fighting idea. the other idea I had was one looking over the over.

Or swithing completely off of animals and trying yi think of another way to milestone college

I'm sorry to say that it makes me think of Transformers... (sorry for me that is)

Yeah, I could see that!

@irezumi made the suggestion in another thread about a guy wanting a picture of a car wreck because he survived a bad accident. And of course, his request for ideas quickly disintegrated into panthers, dragons, etc.

There's a reason we come back to dragons, panthers and the like. They're timeless, and well..just fuckin cool.

Just done a quick count of 9 dragons, but not 1 panther.

Thanks guys. Panthers head to be slammed back of neck next tattoo!

- - - Updated - - -

Fkn how cool. Just texted tattooer about slamming panther head back of neck. Locked in for next week.

Fuck this forums awesome.

I read that. I just remembered that there's a Transformer that's a panther/car. Now I'm stuck with a terrible 80s tattoo in my mind.

When I think of terrible 80s tattoos I think of multicolor mohawks and 80s razor sunglasses on a gorilla head. Thank you National Brand flash. So bad it's good.