Squidpants/Leg Mania; or, where we're at with our leg tattoos.

17281-leg-tats.html&imageuser=4105

here's mine

gorilla head Justin weatherholtz, boar\wolf chad koeplinger, tiger bryan burk, panther tony hundahl, oni spider matt arriola, pin ups rob struven, day of the dead shawn barber.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see the pic you posted. Looks like it didn't upload properly? (or maybe its just me!)

Here are some shitty -sorry, no S.O. to take pics for me- photos of my legs so far. The holes I've created on my right calf are beginning to bug me. I'll be filling most of the shin area next month with a chubby pinup. Can't wait to fill the rest.

Oh how my leg has changed in just a few short months.

post-49790-14616887198_thumb.jpg

post-49790-146168871985_thumb.jpg

I think my next move will be to cap my other knee. Then I need to work on the back sides. I'm too front-heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm posting my updated legs today. I've added a few since my last post in this thread.

Visible tattoos:

Cat, hot air balloon, hand of glory = Chad Koeplinger

Skull with flowers = Bastien Jean

Higgs flash, boxer, RCAF skull, Grimm reaper = Tim Pausinger

Cowgirl, Higgs flash = Glennie Whittall

Panther w/ dagger, bulldog, pineapple, Scorpion = Franz Stefanik

Ankle band, Hot Stuff = Nathan Draper

Dollar bill, fly = Kyle Hollingdrake

Space torch = Mario Desa

I think that's all of them. I've got a few more lined up that should appear in the next few weeks and months.

• 2 weeks later...
I realized that besides for instagram photos in the Latest Tattoo Lowdown-thread, I haven't uploaded any proper hi-res healed pictures of any one the tattoos I've gotten since I first registered here 3 years ago. I'll make sure to get to that. Anyway, here's my twiggy pale legs at their current state:

ojZBsPu.jpgoFjVzAS.jpg

phSka4S.jpgb6bn4Rg.jpg

Edit: Oh wow, long post. Thought they were thin enough to go side by side in pairs. Well.. enjoy

Man, the all black and grey looks amazing! Stick with that theme for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Only got a couple little guys since this thread started. Tackle my right thigh or save up for my move...? I CAN DO BOTH, RIGHT?!

I'll add this little moon mamma I picked up from Antonio Roque at Black Label in Frederick, MD. Really liked that shop and had a great experience with Antonio.. can't wait to go back when I'm visiting my folks who live about 15 minutes away. Also, not only do I love Antonio's tattoos, his paintings are so CLEAN. Lots of nice work hanging up there..

post-147-146168876946_thumb.png

Is it weird to be jealous of another man's legs? @Mark Bee that really is fantastic. I just started working a lot on my legs; out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get a decent amount of mobility back after getting your knees done?

Thanks, @OutOfIdeas! I've had a great time working on them. I had a rough time with the demon knee (appropriately enough). I limped around with a cane for three days. By day four I was pretty much all right. The bulldog was much easier, and the only pain came from the skin stretching around the healing tattoo. When I did my knees I did the bulldog Friday so I'd have the weekend to get back on my feet. The demon was done on a Saturday and I could have used the extra day. Overall, though, it was ok. I went through a major job interview process that week, including giving a major demonstration, and I was good enough to do all that successfully. I wrapped the demon in bandages each day to protect it from all the movement and scraping across my trousers. That worked nicely and the heal went smoothly.

Thanks I appreciate that very informative response. I've really been wanting to get one of my knees done lately, but I'm just worried it might not be feasible with my work/schedule...

Bit of a catch 22, work seems to be picking back up as we get out of winter, so have the spare cash to get my knee done, but it might make my job really suck for a while.

Awesome. I think I'm going to go for it, if I end up in the right place and the right time. I'm a long haul truck driver, so much concern is just using my stiff clutch while it's still tender. I have a big vacation coming up here soon, so I won't have more than one day off to do it. I guess if I can arrange my day off in a good spot with a good shop, it'll be time to nut up or shut up!