Squidpants/Leg Mania; or, where we're at with our leg tattoos.

I have one calf done (as done as I want it to be...the artist passed away before I could have him add the finishing touches, and I don't feel right having anyone else wrap it up), and am working on a big thigh piece now.

I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my other calf (snake fighting a rooster) but now I'm not so sure. I like how my legs are a hodgepodge of styles and my arms are all trad/neo trad. I kind of want to continue with the miscellaneous stuff and experiment with different styles I don't already have (maybe some realism, Japanese, etc). But it'll be a while before I'm ready to do anything else on my legs.

• 1 month later...

Got to be a reckless kid one more time and got tattooed by Valerie again, this time in London. They're peeling and unsightly now, but here they are in their fresh glory:

The warrior: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAvLzMPDKFR/

The priestess: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAvLqtnDKFD/

Bonus video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAvLTr3EHRy/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never thought I would be posting in this thread for quite a while, however here I am.

I have now committed to a full Japanese bodysuit from my artist and as such will be starting the outline on right leg this Friday. I have heard horror stories of knees and knee ditches sucking as well as legs swelling to the size of elephant legs. I have done elbows already and 1 side swelled badly and the other side nothing. I assume knees are very similar to elbows?

I will be getting the outline done this Friday, I have planned to do nothing all weekend and watch TV and have taken the Monday after off work.

Any other tips to make a full leg sleeve manageable?

Cant wait to see my 1st leg completely done however it is bizarre I am more stressed about getting my legs done than I was about doing 3/4 sleeves.

Cheers

Jason.

After calf and shin tattoos, I've had ankle and upper foot swelling for about 4 or 5 days, but mostly because I was sitting upright or walking while at work.

Elevating the leg will slightly counter the effects of gravity swelling. If you don't have a lazyboy chair, propping the leg up above the heart with pillows will help. Occasionally lie on your back with your legs vertical against the back of a couch or wall to form an upper case "L".

DWruVly.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And here we are.

This pic is post 6 hour session. Probably about 45 mins of tracing/freehanding etc and 5 hours of tattooing. I was very worried about how knee and ditch was going to feel but overall I found it Ok. Lower leg probably swelled up for about 5 days after the session and it is definitely taking slightly longer to heal. I hobbled around walking for about 3 days after so I can recommend taking a few days off work afterwards.

Overall not as bad as I was expecting. :)

I shot off an email yesterday about getting my knees worked on. I have an awkward gap between my "calf sleeves" and the work on my thighs. Here's hopin I can make this work.

Man, I hear you on this one. I have the most abrupt gap between an El Monga lower-leg-total-domination and a Tim Lehi big-ass-tiger with full background...Monga comes up high and Lehi comes down low. Not sure what I'm gonna do to fill it up but it's driving me nuts! I was thinking a panther or monster etc head-on but with no bottom jaw.

- - - Updated - - -

I shot off an email yesterday about getting my knees worked on. I have an awkward gap between my "calf sleeves" and the work on my thighs. Here's hopin I can make this work.

Man, I hear you on this one. I have the most abrupt gap between an El Monga lower-leg-total-domination and a Tim Lehi big-ass-tiger with full background...Monga comes up high and Lehi comes down low. Not sure what I'm gonna do to fill it up but it's driving me nuts! I was thinking a panther or monster etc head-on but with no bottom jaw.

Spider webs! Spider webs everywhere! Get Cheyenne to do 'em!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, a most excellent idea. However, I don't know if I'm TUFF-E-NUFF for a gigantic knee web.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, a most excellent idea. However, I don't know if I'm TUFF-E-NUFF for a gigantic knee web.

• 2 weeks later...