White tattoos

belle2929

I am thinking about an all white tattoo in a lace pattern on my shoulder, it will likely be 1/4 sleeve.

My tattoo artist has never done an all white one before and is unsure if it will simply fade.

Has anyone had any experience in this? If so has there been a lot of fading? My skin type is medium light... I am a dark blonde naturally... green eyed..

I would like to hear others opinions and experience with this.. this will be my first tattoo, I am over 50, and I don't want to spend $400+ just to have it fade in a relatively short time? I have had to save for a quite a while for this tattoo.

I have a back up design in mind... if this isnt something that others recommend.

Hoping for feedback soon,

Thanks in advance

Phyllis

Thanks my friend, I have a wonderful tattoo artist.... We had discussed this but just wanted an opinion from others who have had experience. My lady has had no experience with all white ... she said that it would fade ... Thank you ... I think I will go another direction... like light grey...

Cheers all

Phyllis

PS I am in Cambridge Ontario

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks that is VERY helpful...... I will go with light grey....

this website totally ROCKS thank you!!!!

Thanks my friend, I have a wonderful tattoo artist.... We had discussed this but just wanted an opinion from others who have had experience. My lady has had no experience with all white ... she said that it would fade ... Thank you ... I think I will go another direction... like light grey...

Cheers all

Phyllis

PS I am in Cambridge Ontario

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks that is VERY helpful...... I will go with light grey....

this website totally ROCKS thank you!!!!

I live close to Cambridge, and have had work done there...well, in Preston. Can I ask who your artist is?

Sure... she is in Oshawa.... she is amazing Barb Brown.

I have a great raport with her ....she is incredibly talented.... Since this is my first tattoo, I just wanted to ask around about the white one... Just me needing lots of input..... I wont change my mind about who will do it.... but now the what has changed... i have a back up plan.... so I am still happy and excited... to get my first one done by her!!