Brian in Waco,TX Would like to get your opinion on wife's daddy memoriam tat

brians34

My wife and I don't have any tattoos (well we didn't). We both enjoy watching the reality tattoo shows. Got started by watching Miami Ink.

My wife decided after her dad died to get a tattoo on her ankle in memoriam of him. I would like to get your opinions good and bad on what the artist did.

Personally, I don't care for words drawn as part of an infinity symbol or a heart or the like - but that's JUST ME. Including an actual heart or rose or something would be more pretty, IMO, and easier to convey the sentiment without having to be right on top of it. Or a picture/object that reminds her of dad, or that dad may have liked.

But, what @TrixieFaux said. It's kinda touchy to comment on something that's in memoriam.

What is your wife's opinion of it?

She likes it. That's what matters.

I just felt it a little too plain and to me the dates look a little crooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I don't care for words drawn as part of an infinity symbol or a heart or the like - but that's JUST ME. Including an actual heart or rose or something would be more pretty, IMO, and easier to convey the sentiment without having to be right on top of it. Or a picture/object that reminds her of dad, or that dad may have liked.

I'm a bit in agreement with you SeeSea. I think she wanted it simple to save money. I wish that I had been with her to discuss, but as long as she is happy with it is what matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I would ad some cool or drop shadow to give it more pop. Just my .02

Some kind of shading. She had this done yesterday while with one of her friends about 2 hours away. She told me she was going to do it. I haven't actually seen it yet other than the picture.

She's happy - everyone's happy. Don't bring it up unless she does any sort of wondering about how it might be different, then you could offer some thoughts, but not criticisms.

If she ever says something along the lines of $$ and gives you any idea she might think less of it because of $$ or wished it was more/different because of trying to save $$, you could always say if she wants it *enhanced* you'd help her with that (if that's the case!)

So what's your first tattoo going to be?