Mid Year Assessments

tiny arrows, black stipple stuff...everyone wants a mandala a la hooper, tribal coming back but all of these are not yet fully saturated just see a lot of them.

give it a few years and everyone will hate it. inevitable. then the next trend will start.

the other stuff everyone has mentioned mostly it feels like i have seen for the last 5 years.

except mon mon cats that shit is pretty recent

also there has to be at least 10k tattoos of that butterfly head winged dietzel girl

I just never understood tribal work... Let it come back full force as a trend I'd love to see who gets em

I can see monmon cats staying as filler pieces in larger body work. There are a few of em i really love.

I'm just saying that we should beware the hubris of mocking how ugly a former tattoo trend while thinking that our current tastes are timeless and will never seem outdated to anybody. I love my traditional tattoos, but I also know that they will look very much of their time and uncool to people somewhere down the road. Tastes change. No one and no style is immune.

I'm just saying that we should beware the hubris of mocking how ugly a former tattoo trend while thinking that our current tastes are timeless and will never seem outdated to anybody. I love my traditional tattoos, but I also know that they will look very much of their time and uncool to people somewhere down the road. Tastes change. No one and no style is immune.

Tattooers and collectors have been getting the trending styles tattooed on them for decades, especially the trends within the wider style of "traditional." Since when do tattooed people apologize for the tattoos that they get?

I don't think she's saying to apologize for it in anyway. But styles change, and even though traditional tattoos do have a staying power, certain elements won't be as accepted. I think it was Catcher in the Rye that said something along the lines of "no matter how cool it looks now, years down the line we'll all just look like those old people doing the Charleston."

Should we apologize for that or let it sway what we get? Fuck no. But I'd be curious to see what collectors/tattooers/whoever think of my tattoos in ten-twenty-fifty years.

I am kind of new to tattoos, but I totally agree and it's why I want to have some kind of connection or meaning when deciding what to get. For example, my tribal manta rays. Yeah, tribal is kind of out of style, but the subject and style mean something to me.

I'd be curious to see what collectors/tattooers/whoever think of my tattoos in ten-twenty-fifty years.

i imagine it will be the same as now, some people will think they're rad, others will think they're ok, and some won't like them at all.

since i'm the only one with my tattoos i only worry about what i think of them, thankfully i don't have any tattoos i don't like. my tastes are evolving though, so i like my first few tattoos the least but shit...i don't have anything i'd ever get blasted over or removed...atleast i say that now...

also, i don't really say i like a certain style of tattoo. like that chromed out panther up there is fucking awesome and i also see plenty of tattoos that are supposed to be traditional that i don't like while there is other stuff similar that i love...

@cookietruck pretty much agree on all points. To clarify slightly, I wasn't saying I cared whether or not people liked em, more so would it be something like "oh, that tattoo is very early 2000s"? Kinda like we talk about things like tribal or chrome being dated to a semi-specific time period. But yeah, we (hopefully) all love our tattoos and that's what's important.