Hello

rolf

I'm Rolf. I got my first tat when I was 18 but only have two as of now. I'm planning on getting more, but in a traditional style. Since I love illustration, I've decided to design my next tattoo.

I was slightly disappointed with the last one I got, so I'd also like to find a good artist with a good attitude, preferably someone local -I live thirty minutes from Boston. Anyway I'm really thankful to be able to socialize with all of you and to share and pick up as much information as I can.

Thanks!

Greetings dude. I can't help you with choosing a great shop in Boston as I'm located in the cold north east of England, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise. What I will say though, as a tattooist, is, don't be offended if your tattooer asks to change your design a bit to make it work perfectly as a tattoo. Many things that look great on paper simply don't transfer to a tattoo. You should still be able to get a great tattoo based on your design, just don't be too precious about keeping it exactly as you drew it. Unless you draw something that perfectly suits the medium. In which case, well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all, I appreciate your feedback. I can't lie, I'm hoping my design is good enough to go as is, but I have no problem if it doesnt work. I tried for a little while to get into tattooing, but as it is now, a few of the shops I visited assumed that I got the idea from watching tattoo reality shows, and that I probably didn't care about tattooing as an artform. Theyre really hard core no doubt. I dont even watch TV lol. But it would be nice to know that I'd at least have a bit of a clue on how my tattoo should translate to flesh, but again, if I'm wrong, it'll be a learning experience for me. BrianH, thanks. I'm familiar with Allston and will check out Good Faith.

Depending on whether you're 30 minutes north or south, you may want to consider looking at Congress St/Hobo's in Portsmouth. I was so impressed with everyone there the other day - the shop had a really good atmosphere. I also have a friend with a nice dragon from Ram, who said getting tattooed by him was great - she's planning a sleeve w/him.