cadena

Cadena

Hi, i wanted to introduce myself. I wont give away my name, but you can call me Cadena. I'm a very unusual person, specifically because i have aspergers syndrome and have grown up to try and be cultured and know about the world. And i live in TX(unfortunately) which is very conservative, so with aspergers i have naturally grown more and more outside of the "borders of normalality". You wouldnt tell if you saw me, which is reget; but if you talked to me or saw things im interested in you would definitely be able to tell.

I have always been into tattoos, mechanics - anything that goes fast or is hard to build; and i love street art and anything that is abstract, blunt or ironically real; especially art. Basically anything that gives you a 'visceral' feel or makes you want to stand for something. I very strongly believe in honor and staying tru to who you are. Dont compromise for anyone or let anyone write your story. All this at 21, not sure if thats common or not. So thats me.

By the way does anyone have any ideas for what i should go for as my first ink? Purely suggestions.

Hiya, Cadena - from a fellow Texan (sort of).

I won't recommend ideas as much as advise you to become familiar with the various styles of tattoo artwork. Educate yourself to what is possible in this media (almost anything) and locate the artists whose style also speaks to you (many started off as street artists). You can eventually decide upon and bring subject matter and references. The trick is locating the best artist to pull off your vision.

Hiya, Cadena - from a fellow Texan (sort of).

I won't recommend ideas as much as advise you to become familiar with the various styles of tattoo artwork. Educate yourself to what is possible in this media (almost anything) and locate the artists whose style also speaks to you (many started off as street artists). You can eventually decide upon and bring subject matter and references. The trick is locating the best artist to pull off your vision.

Thanks for the advice, that sounds good. However, i dont want to have to pay hundreds for my first tattoo.. And also i want it to be decent atleast, i dont want it to be a tattoo i regret or have to end up going over later.

However, i dont want to have to pay hundreds for my first tattoo.. And also i want it to be decent atleast, i dont want it to be a tattoo i regret or have to end up going over later.

Take your time, do your homework and save up if your second sentence is more important to you than the first.

I know my first few tattoos have a lot of "charm" (read: they have awesome nostalgic associations but are pretty crappy) because of the conflicting ideals you've stated above...

Thanks for the advice, that sounds good. However, i dont want to have to pay hundreds for my first tattoo.. And also i want it to be decent atleast, i dont want it to be a tattoo i regret or have to end up going over later.

If you want to get a tattoo for the sake of getting a first tattoo without spending a ton of money I suggest getting something small that is still good quality. Also, if you are into tattoos don't get something small in a space that will someday be perfect for a bigger, better tattoo. What I mean by this is I recommend against getting a small tattoo on your shoulder because someday you might be in a better position to save up for something awesome on your shoulder. Am I making any sense?

Pick a local shop or artist that you like and go talk to them. Tell them your budget and get some ideas. And have fun! Don't forget to enjoy the whole process.

All I can say about that is get the tattoo you love, not the tattoo you can afford. Do research on style and figure, then rock out and enjoy the experience and art. You'll love the result.

A good small-to-medium tattoo isn't necessarily *that* expensive, either. It's maybe a few months of not doing a money-waster like buying coffee on the go, or whatever else it is that you can identify and turn into savings. (If you are already budgeted to the nth degree, or unemployed, please ignore my presumption.)