Face/Head Tattoo

• 2 weeks later...

Tattoos on the side of the face, or on the head are somethin else, as are tribal tattoos, but if you don't live in an area with common facial tattoos for a while I can't see any good way to justify it. I would get my hands tattooed if I ever needed to. I'm not a lawyer, and no one I know is a lawyer, so I just leave copyright alone and hope I never have to deal with it.

• 5 weeks later...

i see a huge number of "nope". i'm all for it. really want my face done. if anyone is into xmen, I really want the mutant M that was made popular during dofp and x-cutioners song. feel such a strong connection to being labeled "different" or "mutie" that it just feels natural to one day bare that for the rest of my life. i get the social stigma of facial tattoos but sometimes people should open their minds to other's choices. such a cliche ass post but it all depends on that person and whether or not they mind the stares. i do hate all these young kids wanting to be hard with a face tattoo and no body ink. seems weird. just like the gauging phase, they'll get them removed. already know about 6 people who've had their ears sewn shut. let's just say i see them a lot differently. still rocking plugs 6 years and 2 inches later. still working on them too.

Was searching through the forum and couldn't find a thread on this specifically.

In the process of extending my neck tattoo's up onto the back of my head and maybe in the future extending these to the front of my face.

Just to a nip the inevitable 'the face/head is a huge step', 'will change your life/appearance/people's opinions of you' in the bud, I have over 200 hours of work currently on me including hands, neck and one below my left eye, I know what I getting into.

any others out there with face/head tattoo's or thinking of getting them?

if you do have them what's the pain like? what was the experience like? if not but are planning to get them what designs/styles are you looking at?

Lets have a discussion..

Cheers,

Oz

Just curious, what do you do for a living, that allows you to have a face tattoo ? own your own business ?

• 3 weeks later...

Face is a no-no from me too. Doubt I'll ever get hands done either. I love my tattoos and want more but I really appreciate being able to cover them up really easily.

I'd never seen Juns work before this thread, impressive stuff but weird having to sign an NDA. I'd be interested in seeing some of his work healed, a year or two old and not meticulously lit like the ones on his Facebook page.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get the sides of my head done a while ago, but chose not to. I still want the same tattoos but I think I'm going to move them to my arms.

I really don't think I am going to get any tattoos past the hairline/on the face. I don't think it would help people's confidence in me in my chosen fields unfortunately. Also the pain and healing on the face scares me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just before i was diagnosed with cancer, i wanted to tattoo an elephant skull on my face. Now almost 4yrs later, Ive been contemplating glow in the dark or black light ink. Because i like the idea of blending in :cool: but, I hear it will show up as scaring in a summers tan.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my dome by Jesse Roberts - whether or not this is a face tattoo I don't know. I'm the farthest thing from hardcore and would say nothing has changed since getting it. No big deal! I really liked the cover of the finger wave book so that's why I went to Jesse, as he painted it. I fully endorse people getting their head and face tattooed.

post-53683-146168878805_thumb.jpg

post-53683-146168878809_thumb.jpg

post-53683-14616887882_thumb.jpg

post-53683-146168878827_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I doff my cap to almost anyone considering pieces for the head and/or face.

I'm interested to know how long people can typically sit for those placements (of course size and experience dependent) but given they're such a painful areas, how quickly people generally tap out.

A brave step I'm not too sure I would have the confidence to do.

*applauds*

• 8 months later...
cheyene sawyer just posted a nifty eyeband on instagram

Honestly Id get my ballsack tattooed before I ever go to the face

If you read through the 500 or so comments on that post you'll see some by the tattoo's owner. Seems like he might be an interesting character, the kind of guy who can pull it off. While it's a well executed tattoo, it's a bit more bold than what I would ever want.

:o Beautiful work. I really love the composition and placement!

I know I can handle the social stigma, face tattoos bring. Im just not sure about the toxic levels of the glowing ink... Im starting to become more comfortable with the idea of simple fine black lace along my hair line and inking my skull.

I have an amazing pain tolerance. Id like to believe Im a dream canvas for an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my dome by Jesse Roberts - whether or not this is a face tattoo I don't know. I'm the farthest thing from hardcore and would say nothing has changed since getting it. No big deal! I really liked the cover of the finger wave book so that's why I went to Jesse, as he painted it. I fully endorse people getting their head and face tattooed.

[ATTACH]12288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12289[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12291[/ATTACH]

Nice, you really found yourself an amazing artist!!

Edited by ShyGypsy
silly typo

• 11 months later...

Hey there Nomadland. :)

I have a cross tattooed on my forehead, going down the bridge of my nose.

To try and answer your questions ... I really didn't feel it at all ...I was expecting it to be painful, especially on the nose, but nope ... not a thing. I have other tattoos to compare with.  A tattoo in the center of my palm was definitely the worst, pain wise, hardly felt the nape of my neck/upper back tattoo ... stung a wee bit for my top forearm tatt.  Hope this gives you an idea ...

As for feedback from others ... I have had a few dirty looks from passerby and a bunch of questioning, quizzical looks but the majority of the feedback has been positive smiles and hearty compliments. :)