Update: Here's a photo my phoenix (still in progress!)

xcatcatx

Hi all

Thought I'd give you a little update on the phoenix tattoo that is slowly (but surely!) taking shape on my back. It is very much a personal celebration of triumph over adversity (when you lose everything that is familiar to you, you almost experience a rebirth of sorts, I find). We have all gone through tough times and these experiences usually give us a chance to learn lessons about ourselves and our reactions, re-awakening our ability to grow. The phoenix to me is a symbol of strength, resurrection and survival, and now a permanent reminder that I am stronger than I think :-) It is my first tattoo so please be gentle :-p

Tattooed by Danny Rossiter of the Rain City Tattoo Collective (Rain City Tattoo Collective | Rain City Tattoo Collective, Manchester)

xccx

Thank you very much for your kind words :) Am very proud to be wearing this! Danny has done an ace job - and I can't wait to see the final product!!! Now just need to win my dad over (he does not live in the UK, travelling home tomorrow for a 3 week holiday, the grand unveiling is imminent!) :cool: Wish me luck!

xccx

That's really stunning, and epic for a first tattoo! I hope your dad takes is well and is supportive. But so what if he's not? You've had the courage to go for a strong, large piece that is personally meaningful, and you've done that for yourself alone.

That's really stunning, and epic for a first tattoo! I hope your dad takes is well and is supportive. But so what if he's not? You've had the courage to go for a strong, large piece that is personally meaningful, and you've done that for yourself alone.

Her dad??? What?

Anyway, great piece, can't wait to see it finished!

Just to clarify... :-)

I got the tattoo started in March, unfortunately, as I live abroad, I can only get home to see my family about twice a year, and as it stood at the time of my previous post on Last Sparrow, my dad had not yet seen it. As it is my first tattoo and I chose to go big and bold with it I was just a bit worried as to how he would take it. I did put a photo of the design on my FB and he had a rather emotional reaction to it, asking me not to do it. I did tell him I respected his opinion, but I had to do what felt right to me. Hence my worry.

I am now at my home country and I am pleased to say that he loved it. He thought it was very me - another testament to me making the right choice with the design and a great complement to my tattoo artist :-) Since he is a graphic designer by trade he does tend to appreciate beauty in things, so I shouldn't have worried that much...

Guess I was too excited about going home and had to share my fears with you lovely lot...

xccx