hello there

renarde

Delighted to have found this place thanks to my friend, growltiger. I'm about to get my first large scale tattoo, a part back/shoulder/upper arm piece from a great woman called Delphine noiztoy in London (England). As yet to be designed, but hopefully incorporating some art noveau style and some geometric... Plus a small forearm piece (flowers) from Rebecca Vincent.

I see merit and beauty in all styles, but personally am drawn to blackwork and dotwork.

I'm looking forward to spending time here getting useful advice and lusting after everyone else's ink. So, hi!

Hello lovely! Thanks for suggesting I join. After spending some time this morning reading some awful comments about tattoos on women on another forum, and then a ridiculous article in the guardian, I needed to find refuge.

We have been at a wedding so pimms was the order of the day, on the gin as soon as the baby is down! Wish I was enjoying one with you--have a great evening X

I suspect I was reading the same thread! At least it was a small minority who got hysterical, most people who said they didn't like them were also in the "but I don't care what other people do" camp.

I think the fact that some people can go through life being just so angry and unpleasant astounds me. How unhappy must you have to be in your own life to be so bitter about complete strangers who are doing you no harm. I imagine them to be pinch-faced mealy-mouthed scrawny little women, old before their time, banging angrily on their keyboard before going back to the Daily Mail site to mutter about benefit claimants and how fat some reality tv person looks in a bikini.

But then they imagine me to be a slutty chavvy "gypo" with mental health issues who'll never get a job. At least I'm in good company though - right?! :D

Yep, that was the one. Can't stand anyone, maybe especially other women, use such derogatory and sexist terms to describe women. Thank crap there were a few sensible folk and some who could reflect on it from a wider perspective. Someone even mentioned body policing :) I saw that there's a feminism and tattoos thread here so will go and have a read as I have a few conflicting thoughts that might have already been tackled there.

You are in the best company! :D