Long time lurker, 1st timeposter

Shaggy

I thought it was about time I signed up to LST rather than just lurking in the shadows.

I have visited LST on and off for a few years now and always found it to be most helpful and some of the members work is stunning.

Enough of the small talk I am Jason, 39yr old from Australia. My 1st tattoo I had done over 20 years ago. In the next 10 years I had another 3 pieces done of various sizes and quality. I'd class 2 of them as decent pieces and 2 of them as pieces I had no time for.

Fast forward to 3 years ago and I decided that it was time to ditch the bad quality work and get something decent.

So in the last 2 years I have had all 4 old pieces laser lightened/removed which has allowed me to complete 2 x 3/4 sleeves with chest panels and in Feb 2014 started a full back piece, neck to knees. Needless to say the last 2 years I have seen my fair share of ruined bedsheets/clothing and a huge amount of time nursing healing tattoos and laser treatments.

Just makes me wish that 20 years ago there was a better internet experience than the 1200bps text dial up I used and maybe a few forums around like LST. :)

If there was maybe I wouldn't have started with the dodgy tattoos and started with something better.

Anyway I look forward to further postings and hopefully providing some others with some helpful information.

Cheers

Jason.

Edited by Shaggy
Typos

Thanks for the welcome. I can't promise I wont hold it against you being a kiwi. Only time will tell.

All my new work has been done by Kian Forreal at Authentink in Surry Hills (Sydney)

I spent alot of time researching my new artist and his work was the one that really worked for me. Was on his wait list for just over 18 months but has been well worth it.

He is a great artist and a great guy to boot.

I am now in for about 33 hours on my backpiece, loving and despising the process at the same time.

Not sure what is next after the back, but I doubt it will stop there. :)

Jason.

Thanks for the welcome. I can't promise I wont hold it against you being a kiwi. Only time will tell.

All my new work has been done by Kian Forreal at Authentink in Surry Hills (Sydney)

I spent alot of time researching my new artist and his work was the one that really worked for me. Was on his wait list for just over 18 months but has been well worth it.

He is a great artist and a great guy to boot.

I am now in for about 33 hours on my backpiece, loving and despising the process at the same time.

Not sure what is next after the back, but I doubt it will stop there. :)

Jason.

Welcome!

So which of those backs is yours? I've been following his Instagram for a while now.

Zillah,

There are so many things I could say about you kiwis but some things I am too sheepish to talk about.

Sorry I couldn't help myself. :)

Cork,

Both of my sleeves and back are in his instagram feed. But as far as your question goes I am the snake and warrior back piece guy. The backpiece was designed based on a Utagawa Kuniyoshi drawing which I will try and attache.

BrianH,

Still trying to sort out pics etc but I have attached the last session Instragram photo as posted by Kian. Doesn't show the whole back the best as the last session was just outline on upper right leg and right ass.

On right thigh you can still see the last of my 4 original tattoos still being removed. That was my 1st and is proving to be the toughest to remove.

If you look closely you maybe able to see the last remains of 2 decent sized pieces on shoulder blades.

@Shaggy. Suiting down mate, fkn nice.

Another Aussie here. Brisbane.

Welcome, & look forward to seeing your suit evolve. Dig that snake man, good choice of features all round.

What do ya call a hundred Kiwis standing in a paddock?

A vacant lot ��

Mick, good to see another Aussie. Thanks for the comments, I had initially thought of a dragon as the main back theme, but then came across that pic and thought it would work well. Once the background started I knew it was the right move.

I always thought the back would be it, but already have started discussions with artist on doing ribs and front. I already have chest panels so would be stupid not to continue on front. :)

Then once that is done how can you not do the legs?

Cheers

Jason.

Welcome. Nice start on that back. I hope we can see it progress!

I will try and update regulary. I usually have a 3 hour session every 2 weeks which has it moving along nicely, however in the next 2 weeks I have 3 x 3 hour sessions booked. Not going to be sleeping much in the next 2 weeks. :) But at least it will be great progress.