Hotel healing

abees

This is some advance planning, as it would be in regards to the London convention. But this will be the first time I've attended the whole three days of the convention (having previously only done it for the day). Do people alter their routine for hotel healing? At home I leave the cling film on overnight, then not re-wrap it from that point onwards.. But I'm considering re-wrapping overnight.

I'm staying in a travelodge, as I don't live in, or particularly close to London. And though you'd hope for clean sheets, you never really know.

Edited by abees
Spelling mistake

I've stayed in a hotel a couple times after particularly gnarly late night sessions. I also bring a ratty towel but I've sometimes soaked through a shirt AND the underlying towel because sometimes I just leak for hours and hours (back tattoo). But this week I just discovered the amazingness of doggy pee-pads. Tape one of those babies down to the sheets - they absorb liquid and keep it trapped inside. I'm using them at home from now on!

I've stayed in the travelodge after tattoos, I didn't rewrap, don't like the idea of sleeping with clingfilm wrapped around my leg. Didn't have any problems, but I didn't get any leakage, no blood or ink or anything (benefit of dotwork I think). But then I wouldn't worry about ruining the travelodges sheets, if it was a nice place I might worry.

I think the gory bandage in the bathroom garbage can is a lot grosser, personally.

I've already thought about that. I'm going to put it in a plastic bag, double knot it, then put it in a public bin outside of the hotel.

I always worry about these things, I like to stay in good hotels and feel guilty when I wake up and there's a large rock of ages printed on some Egyptian cotton, I know it washes out though so it's not to bad just a bit rank for the cleaners, but I've also started packing extra cling film tape and a flannel to clean it off before and after bed

I've already thought about that. I'm going to put it in a plastic bag, double knot it, then put it in a public bin outside of the hotel.

That's one thing I don't worry about. I just ball it up and shove in the mess and cover it with whatever paper towels and tissues I use. They are so used to dealing with whatever is in the trash can in the bathroom as biohazard anyway - there are much worse and much more commonly discarded tissue-covered balls of biohazard in bathrooms.

They are so used to dealing with whatever is in the trash can in the bathroom as biohazard anyway - there are much worse and much more commonly discarded tissue-covered balls of biohazard in bathrooms.

Haha, Indeed. Whatever you do - don't whip out the black light . . .

Use the hotel towels, they are probably cloroxed to death and the cleanest thing around. I use beach towels on my bed at home when I have a fresh tattoo.

My concern with the hotel towels is not the cleanliness, but the fuzz factor. (Although who knows the cleanliness factor of the hands folding, storing and hanging the towels.) I'll use them to dry/clean everything EXCEPT the area that was tattooed. Then I use paper towels. Yeah, they have a fuzz factor, but a smaller one than towels I think. Could just be my own assumptions, and that I'm working on my back, which I can't see to inspect more closely.

I don't remember if I said it here, but I recently discovered the awesomeness of doggy pee-pads. They are absorbent with a fluid barrier on the bottom. I tape them to the bed and toss them in the morning. They also take up less room when I travel, 'cause I still feel bad about black stains on the hotel sheets, even though I know they come out. :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, Indeed. Whatever you do - don't whip out the black light . . .

Ah yes, and that particular biohazard as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a read over in the healing section. This specifically deals with the challenges of healing with travel. Some people will do the first clean, etc., the rewrap to trap the next batch of blood/plasma etc. for travel or cleanliness.

Or, you're thinking of Tagederm/Saniderm which requires wrapping for several days, and that's its own thread elsewhere.