Hola!

tattdmommy

Ok so I have these really rad hummingbirds that I love. I added some paint splashes and brush strokes to it, and I'm just not feeling them anymore.. I want them covered up, I was less negative space .. Having a hard time deciding what to cover them up with! post-50953-146168870407_thumb.jpg

Best advice I can give you is to consult a professional tattooer. He or she will know what can work and what won't. If you tell us where you live I'm sure we can point you to some good shops in your area.

Maybe it's possible to cover the unwanted parts with traditional Japanese background and make it into a half sleeve (as wind bars have a lot of solid black in them), but I'm not a tattooer, so I'm just wildly guessing at this point. You might also get more options if you hit it with laser a couple times too, but that's also something a professional tattooer will know best.

Good luck @tattdmommy. Turtle power!

F'sure! I was gonna go to a shop! Just got to find a good coverup artist! I was thinking some tropical vibrant colors flowers! But my husband doesn't agree lol! He thinks it will take away from the birds! I live in Warner Robins, Georgia!

Turtle power!

Have you checked out Russ Abbott's work? He's just a 3 hour drive from where you're at, and does really nice & colorful tattoos. I'm guessing he has a wait list, but for something so permanent, waiting is a small price to pay.

Here's a link: Russ Abbott Tattoo Portfolio - Ink & Dagger Tattoo | Roswell, Georgia (404)373-6655

You should also check out the other tattooers working at Ink & Dagger. They have a solid lineup.