peaceridge

Hello all,

I found you while looking for information about Saniderm - and will contribute to that thread. To introduce myself : I got my first tattoo in 1976 in Fort Bragg, NC. I wanted a small dragon head and got it off a picture on the wall. It was very different back then for women. Even though my then husband was with me, the tattooist called his wife to come and sit in - really funny. The artist tried so hard to get me to choose a rose or butterfly instead, he couldn't really understand that I wanted a dragon! One thing I must say about him (whoever he was) - I wanted my dragon to be blue and when my husband asked for the same thing, the artist refused - he would do a dragon, but not in the colors I chose. It is a terrible tattoo and I wouldn't give it up for anything - it is a reminder of a time in my life when I thought nothing of merit would ever happen to me, I got the tattoo to show my future grandkids (I had a 2 year old daughter at the time) that I could be different from all the other grandmoms - hah, little did I know how different I would eventually be.

I travel full time in a tiny RV - looks like a squished truck camper - with my 2 Cardigan Welsh Corgi dogs. As soon as I retired, I got another tattoo - a small phoenix on my left inner arm. Just this year I got an overthought one down my right inner arm and around my wrist. My artist did exactly what I asked her to and used the design I had created, so I cannot fault her. As soon as I saw it completed I knew something was wrong with it - much too cartoonish for my liking. In one of the NM campgrounds I met a woman with lots of feather tattoos and really liked the shading on them. So, I just got my overthought one redone in a "painterly" fashion - not watercolor as I wanted bright colors. I'll try to get pictures up of it when I have better internet service.

Anyway, I am most impressed with this site and am slowly viewing as many threads as possible.

Lyn

Welcome and great profile.

Have you done a full US east to west coast?

Yes, I've been traveling for 10 years and have crossed the entire country (from east to west coast) 4 times. Been on the road 7-8 months per year. I finally sold my house in May of this year so can now call myself a full-timer! I would like to investigate Canada more next summer.

Yes, I've been traveling for 10 years and have crossed the entire country (from east to west coast) 4 times. Been on the road 7-8 months per year. I finally sold my house in May of this year so can now call myself a full-timer! I would like to investigate Canada more next summer.

That is awesome!!!!

Congrats on being able to do what I dreamed of doing when I finished college.