So... Ideas please!

Padji

Hi all, have gotten some good advice here in my short stint as a signed-up member so I'll ask for a steer here. As per the pics below, I've an old 3/4 Japanese sleeve with a koi, lotus, peony and waves. It's not exactly world class material but I'm torn between getting the sleeve continued to the wrist in a similar Japanese theme or alternatively to abandon the Japanese theme and go with a couple of trad pieces (my now favoured style).

What do you guys reckon? Also, if I was to continue with the Japanese theme, what elements could I include? The obvious would be another koi and flowers (maybe a kiku) but are there any other cool Japanese imagery that could fit in with the existing piece? A severed head or something would be cool but not entirely in keeping with the rest of the arm.

Any ideas are appreciated. I'm probably a bit away from working on this arm as I've plenty of other real estate to fill up so I'm just gathering ideas at the minute!

Cheers.

Paddy

post-36194-146168870639_thumb.jpg

Hey @Padji,

Just my .02 but I think extending a 3/4 sleeve to full is kinda for your preference only, but yours looks like it ends very high on your forearm. You might be able to get away with a nice piece added to it.

You might be happier just designing your other arm.

I also agree with @Iwar about throwing traditional pieces below it being a nice option.