Need advice for next tattoo...

anomaly1964

Thanks to everyone who gave me good pointers in this thread. I have learned that we all look at tattoos differently and that I, indeed, am in the minority on this site, where art is more important than personal meaning (that is NOT a slam on the site)...

I do find it a bit funny that those who keep commenting the thread won't die, keep posting in it...

Wicked grin...

Thanks to everyone who gave me good pointers in this thread. I have learned that we all look at tattoos differently and that I, indeed, am in the minority on this site, where art is more important than personal meaning (that is NOT a slam on the site)...

g

I'm confused so the art is more important to you than the personal meaning? And that's different from us?

Am I reading it wrong?

I think he means "...on this site: where art is more important than personal meaning." But, he isn't well informed on sentence structure.

As for it not being a slam on the site... I think his idea of trying to hide insults is akin to Ricky Bobby's use of the phrase "with all due respect."

I think it's hilarious that the supposed deep personal meaning of his tattoos derives not from (to paraphrase Stewart Robson here) deep-rooted human drives and archetypes, but from The fucking Matrix.

On the topic of deep-rooted human drives and archetypes, here's an article that appeared in Slate a couple of years ago about how scientists are hypothesizing that anxiety developed in humans as a defensive mechanism against being killed and eaten by tigers, panthers, and snakes. So basically if you want a tattoo that gets right down to the essence of what it is to be a human being, get a panther.

scientists are hypothesizing that anxiety developed in humans as a defensive mechanism against being killed and eaten by tigers, panthers, and snakes. So basically if you want a tattoo that gets right down to the essence of what it is to be a human being, get a panther.

Makes sense to me @Graeme

I love this, going to make reference to this forever now when asked these fkn dumb ass why questions.

That'll fuck em.