Need advice for next tattoo...

anomaly1964

This is the image I currently have on my inner right arm:

tattoo.jpg

This is the area of my arm I want to get inked next:

myarm3.jpg

I'm really into Batman, Star Wars, and the Matrix but having a really hard time finding an image that will fit well on my outer forearm.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys may have...

Thanks!

how do you feel about text? Maybe something like:

"I like Batman, Stars Wars, and The Matrix. But not necessarily in this order. Right now Batman is #1 but it is possible Batman could drop to #2 or #3 based on how good or bad the future Ben Affleck Batman movies are. I am also a fan of wearing bracelets. This might be obvious if I am wearing bracelets as you read this but I mention this fact here in this tattoo just in case I am not currently wearing any bracelets and you were wondering if I would except a bracelet as a symbolic gesture of friendship."

I never understand posts like these. If you don't have an idea yourself of what you want to get, even if it's something as vague as going into a shop and picking something appealing off the wall, maybe it's time to put a bit of thought into it yourself instead of looking to be handed answers.

To think that people managed to get tattoos before there was the internet...

how do you feel about text? Maybe something like:

"I like Batman, Stars Wars, and The Matrix. But not necessarily in this order. Right now Batman is #1 but it is possible Batman could drop to #2 or #3 based on how good or bad the future Ben Affleck Batman movies are. I am also a fan of wearing bracelets. This might be obvious if I am wearing bracelets as you read this but I mention this fact here in this tattoo just in case I am not currently wearing any bracelets and you were wondering if I would except a bracelet as a symbolic gesture of friendship."

Is THIS really necessary...?

- - - Updated - - -

I never understand posts like these. If you don't have an idea yourself of what you want to get, even if it's something as vague as going into a shop and picking something appealing off the wall, maybe it's time to put a bit of thought into it yourself instead of looking to be handed answers.

To think that people managed to get tattoos before there was the internet...

People like you with an elitist attitude are what drive people away from forums. I'm NO ARTIST and so I am asking for ideas of what might work. I have downloaded 100s of images to consider and work with but still haven't seen THE ONE yet. Maybe someone can show me something I have not considered yet...

So if you don't understand threads like these, then stay out of them...

Maybe?

How many shops have you visited? How many artists have you consulted with?

3 of each so far...

The thing is, most artist want a deposit of some type if you ask them to come up with an idea for you...

I won't be able to afford the tattoo if I have to pay every artist I consult with...

Also consider this, I have been into tattoos for ONE YEAR, I DEFINITELY don't know everything about them...

On the other hand I have been building PCs for YEARS and if a NEWB asks a question on a site of which I belong to, no matter HOW MUNDANE it may seem to me, it's NEW to him, so I try to help as much as I can, not belittle them for my own self grandizement...

its funny anomaly - but i have been a member of several enthusiast forums - running, biking, skating, paddling boarding, videogame, professional etc - you get the idea - and one thing never changes - there are always those who have the 'locals rule' mentality - and god forbid you don't agree with them or somehow cross the proverbial 'line of coolness' - then look out - classic internet bullying and trolling behavior - anonymity tends to bring this out in people - anyway - you did nothing wrong imo - good luck with figuring on a cool direction for your tattoo

its funny anomaly - but i have been a member of several enthusiast forums - running, biking, skating, paddling boarding, videogame, professional etc - you get the idea - and one thing never changes - there are always those who have the 'locals rule' mentality - and god forbid you don't agree with them or somehow cross the proverbial 'line of coolness' - then look out - classic internet bullying and trolling behavior - anonymity tends to bring this out in people - anyway - you did nothing wrong imo - good luck with figuring on a cool direction for your tattoo

Thanks Marley!

People like you with an elitist attitude are what drive people away from forums. I'm NO ARTIST and so I am asking for ideas of what might work. I have downloaded 100s of images to consider and work with but still haven't seen THE ONE yet. Maybe someone can show me something I have not considered yet...

There is nothing elitist about what I said above. You're looking for something that all of us look for when thinking about tattoos we're going to get in the future: we all want that moment when we stumble across some reference or come across an idea that transcends being something just cool to look at and becomes something that we want on our skin forever. Nobody can help you with that. You need to find that thing that moves you.