Hello from alberta north!

Messiah

Hello everyone, My name is Gilles, just joining her so i can enjoy the galleries of awesome tattoos, to help me get inspired about tattoos for myself.

Awesome sight, thanks for hosting such a wealth of tattoo pics.

Just started my collection, I really enjoy traditional in the style of sailor jerry and ed hardy.

I always knew that "stamps" (this is what my son calls tattoos haha) was something i wanted to get, but was anxious of the pain. finally went for it and now im drawing up ideas like a mad man ha.

Hope to be a contributing member of this awesome community.

A little about me

Im a Alberta boy, grew up in rural northern Alberta (yah its cold up here). I work service rigs, i love riding my mountain bike (trail rider) and i have 2 awesome sons that are the world to me.

Well thats the coles notes version.

Hope to meet some local peeps.

Have an idea here is a sketch.

newpictures071_zps91e24dbb.jpg?t=1409331359

The hand will be coming out of water. I am not an artist, just bored at home haha, i just feel its missing something, maybe a border im not sure yet, will be placed on left shoulder i think. got the idea from cormac mccarthy "the road." kind of becoming a personal motto "carry the fire".

probs put that in scroll somewhere on the peice and the anchor on his arm is the wrong way i know

Edited by Messiah
resize image

Welcome! I like the hand tattoo idea, and I think the right artist could do something great with that. Have you looked into Ollie XXX in Edmonton? I feel he's a good choice for you because you like traditional. If you want to travel a bit farther, to Red Deer, you have Lucas Ford who kills it with both American and Japanese style tattoos and is, in my opinion, one of the best tattooers in the country.

Welcome! I like the hand tattoo idea, and I think the right artist could do something great with that. Have you looked into Ollie XXX in Edmonton? I feel he's a good choice for you because you like traditional. If you want to travel a bit farther, to Red Deer, you have Lucas Ford who kills it with both American and Japanese style tattoos and is, in my opinion, one of the best tattooers in the country.

I got my first tattoo at classic. i think that's where ill be getting this one done. hopefully by Lucas. i also have looked into ollies work, the good news is i waited so long to get tattooed i have lots of prime real estate to work with haha

Have an idea here is a sketch.

newpictures071_zps91e24dbb.jpg?t=1409331359

The hand will be coming out of water. I am not an artist, just bored at home haha, i just feel its missing something, maybe a border im not sure yet, will be placed on left shoulder i think. got the idea from cormac mccarthy "the road." kind of becoming a personal motto "carry the fire".

probs put that in scroll somewhere on the peice and the anchor on his arm is the wrong way i know

This by Robert Ryan