Hi I need your help my foot looks screwed up and nobody knows what to do (PICS)

WYKTM

Hi my name is Jake,

I got my foot tattooed on Aug 13, 2014 (16 Days Ago) and my foot looks F***** up! I have went to go see a doctor, my tattoo artist, my tattoo artist boss and nobody can give me a definite answer on what they think it is. Any help or suggestion is more than appreciated!!!

Description:

- My foot is red in the background this started 6 days after the tattoo, the redness does go away time to time especially when I'm standing (You would think it would be the opposite)

- The skin ontop of the tattoo is very scaly

- It LOOKS dry & flaky but the skin is stuck and shows no sign of peeling/flaking off even with force it's really stuck!

- The reason why it looks so dry is because I have ceased putting any lotion on it

- I stopped putting lotion because the cream would not help it would just damp the layer of scaly skin

- The lotion I was using was Aveeno Skin Relief (Worked fine when I did my chest piece)

- Doctor says it looks like the tattoo is irritated or about to infect prescribed me antibiotics and I've been taking them for 4 days

- Tattoo artist said it looked like a rash and I should hold of on putting cream

I have absolutely no idea what to do anymore sometimes I can't even see the tattoo anymore I'm starting to freak out any help would mean the world!

Personally, I have no fucking idea, but I wanted to let you know that this place can be kind of slow at times. That said, I'd say this is easily one of the most knowledgeable places for this stuff on the internet. Hang around, somebody who knows will come by eventually.

I'd just really hate to see you jump ship, and go ask Yahoo or something horrible.

Thanks,

Well I'm going on a couple tattoo forums maybe somebody will have an idea, and before I do any drastic measure I make sure to do my own due diligence.

I figured instead of just waiting around might aswell post around maybe somebody will know.. hopefully!

Fungus? Maybe some type of athletes foot. Closest thing I've seen to how your looks. First time I thing I've ever seen it on something during the healing stage. If you do find out what it is, I'd be interested to know.

I don't think it would be athletes foot because the "rash" is strictly where the tattoo is, I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

Is it itchy? Do you have any allergies or skin sensitivities? How do you normally heal - tattoos, cuts, etc? Is it just dry, or is it also oozing fluid (if fluid, what is the color - clear, white, yellow)? What shoes have you been wearing while healing - maybe you are having an allergic reaction to the material in the shoes that is only predominant now that the skin has been broken.

What did the Dr and tattoo artist say it was?

Is it itchy? Do you have any allergies or skin sensitivities? How do you normally heal - tattoos, cuts, etc? Is it just dry, or is it also oozing fluid (if fluid, what is the color - clear, white, yellow)? What shoes have you been wearing while healing - maybe you are having an allergic reaction to the material in the shoes that is only predominant now that the skin has been broken.

What did the Dr and tattoo artist say it was?

- Allergies: Peanuts (Don't think it has an effect)

- Skin sensitivies (Recently I've been getting a bit of dry patches a bit everywhere)

- Well other than the foot prior I had my lip & chest done with no issues, I did my leg this week (3 days ago) so far so good fingers crossed, as for cuts sometimes they will heal perfectly fine, sometimes a bit longer than usual.

- Just dry, NEVER oozed

- I was wearing closed shoes 48 hours after tattoo but as soon as I started getting this reaction I stopped (8 days ago) I have taken the week off and stayed bare foot or in flip flops

Dr: Said it looked like the tattoo was irritated or about to infect, she prescribed me antibiotics & cortisone cream, I have been taking the antibiotics but did not take the cortisone cream

Tattoo Artist: Said it looked like a rash because the red is only where the tattoo is, told me to stay off the cream till it scabbed and gave me a tube to Tatt2 Buttr for when it scabbed, and if it became itchy to use cold water on it.

As for why it was caused nobody knows!

Did you go out in the sun at all? Not like enough to get a sunburn, but just run out barefoot to get the mail or anything? The clear borders where it's obviously just the tattoo make me wonder if it's a photocontact reaction. (I am so not a doctor.)

Sounds like you're on the right track. The antibiotics should take care of any infection. If it was infected, there would probably be some discharge and/or a fever. In any case, the last photo looks better than the third. Let your body heal itself, but if it gets worse, go back to the doctor.

Read this: WHO calls for urgent action to preserve power of antibiotics and make new ones | Society | The Guardian

I'm not a fan of antibiotics unless your limb is about to fall off, too many doctors prescribe them happily for little reason, specially when it comes to tattoos that they think look 'infected'. the more you take antibiotics the more they wont work when you really are in a life threatening situation. your tattooer (if reputable) will always know more about this stuff than a doctor, it is weird that it looks like this 16 days on but i'd keep what youre doing up. Keep it clean and dry untill it begins to feel better.

Many moons ago i had a very problematic foot tattoo on myself, it took over 4 weeks for it to be fully healed, and some times it takes a longer than expected and sometimes it looks worse than others. Take care!

Did you go out in the sun at all? Not like enough to get a sunburn, but just run out barefoot to get the mail or anything? The clear borders where it's obviously just the tattoo make me wonder if it's a photocontact reaction. (I am so not a doctor.)

I'd be lying if I said it didnt but it is very minimal contact. It's either flip flops or shoes but I'd try to stay out of sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the replies really appreciate everyones feedack and it puts me a biy more at ease

I don't think it would be athletes foot because the "rash" is strictly where the tattoo is, I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

Skin sensitivies (Recently I've been getting a bit of dry patches a bit everywhere)

Really? I still say fungus.

The fungus that causes "athletes foot" can be anywhere on your body.

If it still isn't responding and you suspect fungus, your doctor can prescribe oral anti-fungal like used against toenail fungus. It is an oral Lotramin, I think. I had to take it to knock out a killer jock itch that came on due to antibiotics I took. I took a couple months, though (and didn't fix a funky toenail, but that takes up to a year of treatment).

If not itching like crazy though, I seriously doubt fungus - also a fungus will spread.