2014 Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts

I couldn't find a thread for this years convention and seeing as how it's basically next month I figured we needed one...

Who's going?

Any Appointments lined up?

Anyone interested in a get together?

Screenshot2014-08-30at50818PM_zpsc138c214.png

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, I'm getting a tattoo from Stewart Robson on Friday evening! So pumped!!

I'm planning on being there. No appointments but this year's list of artists is absolutely outstanding. I'm curious about Grime's or Gogue's lecture if space is available.

Would definitely love to meet up with LSTers too.

Grime said he knows what he has planned, he just wouldn't say which is no surprise.... I'm seeing him Friday for a session on my back...

My wife and I will be there for at least one day and possibly more. I think we need to get another dinner together or something like that. I do not have any appointments, but my wife is getting tattooed by Valerie prior to the start of the convention.

I'm happy to hear your wife is getting her appointment with Valerie. Loooong wait.

Well getting a session in on your back and then another on your arm right after will do that. How many hours was that? Whole hog marathon sessions will wear you out for sure.

How many hours? I barely remember. I feel like 4-5 on the back and 1.5 on the arm. That was silly of me. And I was totally overwhelmed by the sights/sounds/smells of the convention.

I'm looking forward (if I am in town) to all the loot! So much art! Books!!!

Hey y'all I'll be at the convention with my wife this year. Have a session with ganji from three tides doing a little gap filler namakubi. I'll also be doing more woth Matt Deverson. @beez I'll be hanging out with diamond club most of the time I'll be there. So if anybody is meeting up stop by and grab me

Looking forward everybody. It's gonna be a good year

• 1 month later...
@ian he won't be coming this year , he and I spoke a week or two ago and he let me know, he's got some good family stuff to take care of so yeah he won't be there. Well now the wifey and I got a good reason to make it out to Adelaide this year. I'm not too worried though I enjoy the process of getting work and the stages to finish it .I have plenty of other work I'll be getting and finishing up so I don't stress time

I really need to make it to this one year. Dave, who is doing my back, works it and he talks about how it's such a great convention. No nonsense, just loads of great tattooing. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but stupid tattoos taking up all my money so I can't travel to get tattoos.

I hear ya loud and clear. I'm missing out on a potential Portland trip and a potential Brooklyn trip because of tattoos.

So many heavy hitters, it's ridiculous. I do have one appointment booked, but I'm gonna try my luck and score a walk-up as well.