Sleeves

Jynarik

I'm working on a theme of "awesome tattoos". Same theme on both arms, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

But seriously though, I did start out with the idea of a theme on my left arm, but I've kind of relaxed it as time has passed. I'm kind of down to this:

Left arm - bright and bold. Right arm, dark(er) and bold. We'll see how my plan holds up as I get more coverage.

• 3 weeks later...

At first I wanted one Traditional American and one japanese sleeve, but then ended up getting a japanese sleeve and now i fell in love with the style so i'm planning a full japanese bodysuit :D but i do regret that i won't be able to get traditional american on me, but that's what friends are for lol

I like to keep a theme each arm. IMO different styles on a full continuous sleeve clash. But that's my opinion. I've got a Japanese theme on one arm and working on a traditional sleeve on the right arm. Mixing cultures on a entire body is great tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up developing a concept recently. My first tattoo was a colouring book rendition of The Scream on my right forearm. I had wanted to do more fine art pieces from a colouring book is had the idea from in the first place. Then just talking to my wife's artist Ray of Blackletter Tattoo about a traditional style Wednesday Addams, it escalated to wanting a whole sleeve of women from horror. I yet to start but the more I think about it, the more I get that itch.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the themes for my sleeves figured out long before I got them, specially since they were preceded by my sun and rising signs on my shoulders and I knew from the moment I got those that I would want to develop the themes for my sleeves based on those. Unfortunately it was hard to make the tribal style work with what I wanted for the rest of the sleeve in each case and I'm still undecided about what's the next step, even if both the zodiac sign and the rest of the sleeve line work are already there. For my left sleeve my artist decided to change the style the last minute and completely change one of the elements but I went along with these changes because I like his work and it was nice. I really don't love the way he works with drawing everything the moment you show up for your appointment (being the over planner that I am), but it's how he has done it for at least 3 decades and his work is impeccable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...