Very first tattoo idea

helsabot

For several years now I've been fine-tuning an idea for a shoulder/quarter sleeve piece, but I just can't afford it right now and I don't think something that big is great for a first tattoo. So I came up with a much simpler design. I'm thinking I'll put it on my left forearm:

tattoo.jpg

As my best friend was quick to point out everyone's going to think I'm a huge Motörhead fan, and though the ace of spades is inspired by a different song, there are worse ways to misinterpret a tattoo, right? I'm not sure where I'll go to get it done yet, though.

You are looking for tattooers in SF correct? I referred back to your introduction from the other day and as mentioned there, there are lots of good shops and tattooers. Did none of those work for you? How about the LST Preferred Tattoo Artists?

Remember you get what you pay for so if you're looking for a cheap priced tattoo you get a cheap tattoo but if you don't skimp on the price you'll get a good tattoo. We live in a city like many others right now where there are shops every where but if you do your research you can get tattooed by some of the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Helsabot,

Generally what screams "first tattoo" when I see it on someone's body is that it's too small. When you do decide on a design, don't worry about it being too big, maybe go a little bigger than you think, or trust what the artist has to say. Loch's right, there are quite a few amazing tattooers in the Bay area, I'm sure if you pick one off the preferred artists list you can't go wrong. I like your design, but whether or not I like it is completely irrelevant, it's your forearm.

Let us in on your process as it unfolds, and thanks for being brave and putting it out there.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
dude ditch that design and head to blackeart or spider murphys or go to oakland and see freddy corbin. you can get the ace but they will turn it into a cool tattoo . Not that your design sucks but its not what it could be if you let an artist DO WORK!

Seconded. It's not a bad design, but if you're not married to it, an ace of spades could be a really rad fucking tattoo. Just find a great artist let them do their thing with it. You'll be way happier with the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized this thread was started over a year ago...I wonder what dude ended up doing.

considering this thread has been sleeping for over a year I'm guessing this person already got something tattooed and from the OP's last login date of 02/2011 I'm guessing they're never going to read these recent responses

can we let old threads stay dead please? this one wasn't even brought back for any real reason...

considering this thread has been sleeping for over a year I'm guessing this person already got something tattooed and from the OP's last login date of 02/2011 I'm guessing they're never going to read these recent responses

can we let old threads stay dead please? this one wasn't even brought back for any real reason...

I'm all about reviving old threads but this one is dead for a reason. Nothing new to add of value.