New 'Like' System

Thanks for confirming this is still an issue. I have been working on getting this fixed but still haven't been able to resolve it yet.

I will report back here when it is fixed. hopefully soon.

thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Like..... Lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 months later...

I see someone else has commented on it above, but I happened to notice again today that none of my tapatalk 'likes' are showing up. I guess given it's probably a problem on their end there isn't much that can be done, but it's unfortunate, as more and more I find myself browsing the forum on tapatalk via my phone.

• 5 months later...

Ok, finally making some headway on a new likes system that will hopefully work on tapatalk. You will start noticing some differences in the like feature, but the basic functionality should stay the same. I'll post an update here if/when I can confirm it is working.

hey guys unfortunately still no luck on this. for now the option to like isn't available in tapatalk at least - so people won't waste their time trying to use it there unsuccessfully.

i know that this is an important feature but the gremlins are against us on this one.

I'm going to work on setting up a new testing environment to see if i can chase down the cause there but don't hold your breath for a speedy fix.. just being realistic.

Thanks for being the best community in the universe and for your ongoing patience.

Eventually the site will work the same on a mobile device as it does on a monitor (responsive) and we'll have access to all of the same features on both.

Hey @steve1461686340 - thanks for working on this. I would hate to have this job!

With the old Likes/Quotes notifications, we'd see a one-liner about what post within the thread had been Liked or quoted. Now it just shows the thread name Is it possible to reproduce what we saw before - a hint of which post so we don't have to go look which post was Liked? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Hi @SeeSea

When you click the name of the thread it should take you to the liked post.. let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Cheers

Hi Steve - yes, it does. What I remember for Likes (maybe it just looks different so I am confused) is that in the Like screen, it would show the first line of the actual post that was Liked. Now it just has a single line that says someone liked something, but it only shows the thread title. Before, it was the thread title and another line so you could recall what post. Sorry I can't explain it very well.