New 'Like' System

Today we added a new 'Like' feature - this is not tied to the Facebook like system, instead it gives us a way to tell each other which posts we like or enjoy so that other members can navigate to the popular content more easily.

This will be the most valuable for threads that span for several pages.

You will see the 'Like' link appear at the bottom right of each post next to 'share' when you move your mouse over the post.

The forum home page now has a new section that lists the most liked threads.

Once people start using this new feature, a dropdown menu will appear at the top of each thread giving you a way to quickly jump to the most popular posts in that thread. I attached an image showing what it sort of looks like.

Try it out and let us know what you think!

there are actually 2 places to "like" something. 1 place is a facebook "like" which shows on your facebook. It has the facebook logo and facebook thumbs up symbol next to it.

there is also this the "like/share" that is in red font in the lower right hand corner when your mouse over the spot. the "like" links is only in the forum and is not integrated with facebook. the "share" link gives you the options to share the post on facebook, twitter, etc. if you would like.

hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
I get an error anytime I try to like from Tapatalk 2 or Tapatalk 4. Any help, is this a known issue?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for letting us know - is anybody else getting this error? And what does the error message say?

I will investigate and report back what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed when I Like a post using Tapatalk, it shows I've Liked it (no error message) but if I check the same post from the browser or leave and come back later the Like is gone. As in, it disappears, as if I never Liked the post at all.

Anyway figured I would add that since it seems a little different from the error message issue other folks are having, but is still preventing me from using the Like feature. I'm using an iPhone 5 btw.

I noticed when I Like a post using Tapatalk, it shows I've Liked it (no error message) but if I check the same post from the browser or leave and come back later the Like is gone. As in, it disappears, as if I never Liked the post at all.

Anyway figured I would add that since it seems a little different from the error message issue other folks are having, but is still preventing me from using the Like feature. I'm using an iPhone 5 btw.

Thanks for confirming this is still an issue. I have been working on getting this fixed but still haven't been able to resolve it yet.

I will report back here when it is fixed. hopefully soon.

thanks for your patience in the meantime.